There was some unexpected drama for shoppers and workers at the ShopRite of Marmora on Tuesday afternoon when the store's carbon monoxide alarms began to ring.

The Marmora Volunteer Fire Company and Upper Township EMS were dispatched to the store on Roosevelt Blvd at around 4 pm after reports of the carbon monoxide alarms sounding.

The fire company's first responders detected elevated levels of carbon monoxide throughout the building.

In a Facebook post, the Marmora Fire Company described how they handled the situation.

After donning self contained breathing apparatus firefighters systematically checked all sources of potential carbon monoxide.

Marmora Volunteer Fire Company requested aid from Seaville Fire and Rescue and the Tuckahoe Volunteer Fire Company due to the supermarket's large commercial structure.

After a time, Firefighters were able to isolate the problem, secure the area and ventilate the building to bring down carbon monoxide readings to an acceptable level for store employees to return.

No one on the scene was injured.

ShopRite technicians had fixed the problem by 7 pm Tuesday and the store reopened.

Get our free mobile app

Photos of Some of South Jersey Firefighters Most Memorable Fires

Photos of South Jersey firefighters fighting fires and coming to the rescue when called.

50 Awesome New Jersey Kids Who Are Absolutely Adoptable

Here are 50 awesome New Jersey kids who are absolutely adaptable!