Weekend Happenings: Queen + Adam Lambert, Food + Wine Fest + Much More
Queen + Adam Lambert bring their highly anticipated North American summer tour to Atlantic City’s Boardwalk Hall Saturday night.
Brian May, Roger Taylor + Adam Lambert have been receiving glowing reviews for their performance together.
Rolling Stone said, “Lambert astounded the audience on songs like ‘We Will Rock You’ and the closing ‘We Are The Champions’ and ‘Crazy Little Thing Called Love’. It was the most anticipated act of the night.”
Billboard claimed, “…Queen effectively stole the show, with timeless songs that music fans of all genres can sing along to” and the Hollywood Reporter exclaimed, “Adam Lambert, Queen bring down the house. With the perfect mix of rock attitude mixed with style, theatricality, sex appeal and impressive vocal gymnastics, [Lambert] took the band’s music to new heights.”
The threesome first shared the stage during American Idol in May 2009 for a performance of “We Are The Champions”.
“Let’s ROCK those beautiful arenas JUST ONE MORE TIME!” said Brian May. “I’m completely in awe of the Queen phenomenon,” added Lambert. “The thought of sharing the stage for a full set in North America is so beautifully surreal. I’m honored to be able to pay my respects to Freddie’s memory; he’s a personal hero of mine… I feel like magic will be on display.”
In a career spanning over 40 years Queen has amassed a staggering list of sales, awards, and hall of fame inductions that is second to none. “We Will Rock You” and “We Are the Champions” – which also remain the most played songs at sports events and arenas around the world.
Lite Rock gave away a bunch of tickets to see Queen + Adam Lambert live at Boardwalk Hall and I hope you won some! Enjoy the show!
Here’s the rest of the South Jersey Weekend Happenings…
– Caesars and Bally’s: The A.C. Food and Wine Festival, a series of events and tastings with celebrity hosts including Martha Stewart and Robert Irving, host of the Food Network’s Restaurant:Impossible, Fri- Sun. 7/25-27
– Revel: Christina Perri, Fri. 7/25, Ovation Hall
– Borgata: Darius Rucker, Fri. 7/25
– Borgata: Art Garfunkel, Fri. 7/25, Music Box
– Bartram Block Concert Series, Boardwalk, Gina Roché, Fri. 7/25
– Boardwalk Hall: Queen + Adam Lambert, Sat. 7/26
– Taj Mahal: Under the Sun Tour with Sugar Ray, Smash Mouth, and Blues traveler, Sat. 7/26
– Taj Mahal: The Duprees and friends, Sat. 7/26
– Borgata: The Fray, Sat. 7/26, Music Box
– Borgata: George Lopez, Sat. 7/26
– Tropicana: Rob Base, Sat. 7/26
– Revel: Neal McCoy, Sat. 7/26, The Social
Other fun stuff to do this weekend…
-Atlantic City: Join me and Lite Rock 96.9 WFPG for the Benefit for Emma, the year-old daughter of an Atlantic City Firefighter born with a birth defect, Scales Grill in Gardner’s Basin, Sat. 7/26 3-10pm
– Galloway: Join Lite Rock 96.9 WFPG for the Movie in the Park Series, Fri. 7/25 @ 7:30pm, “The Lego Movie”, Municipal Complex
– Atlantic City: Movies Under the stars Series, Gardner’s Basin, Fri. 7/25
– Wildwood: Dutch Hoffman Memorial Lifeguard Race, Fri. 7/25
– Cape May: “Christmas in July”, Cape May Lighthouse, Fri. 10a-2p
– Egg Harbor Township: Rhythm in the Park Concert Series, Fri. 7/25 7-9pm, Tony Canale Park
– Somers Point: Beach Concert Series, Fri. 7/25@ 7pm, William Morrow Beach
– Atlantic City: Boardwalk Music Series, Fri. 7/25
– Ocean City: “Night in Venice” Boat Parade, Sat. 7/26 @ 7:30pm
– Mays Landing: Room for Hope’s 2nd Annual Beef and Beer Fundraiser, Fri. 7/25
– Sea Isle City: Saturday Night Concerts, Excursion Park Band Shell, Sat. 7/26
– Wildwood: Teen concert with Bridgit Mendler, Sat. 7/26, Wildwood Convention Center
– Wildwood Crest: Summer Music Series, Sat. 7/26 @ 7:30pm, Tine Turner Tribute
– Cape May: “An Evening at the Cape Summer Club”, Sat. 7/26, an evening of cabaret-style performances, Convention Hall
– Atlantic City: The Irish Pub Tour de Shore, Sun. 7/27