Sea Isle Plunge, Fashion Week, Chili Cook Off- Weekend Happenings
Leading our look at fun stuff to do this President's Day Weekend in South Jersey is the ever-popular Sea Isle City Polar Bear Plunge, taking a dip this Saturday with a full weekend of events planned. The 24th annual Polar Weekend begins Friday night with the crowning of the Plunge Royal family; the Prince and Princess Contest (ages 12-16) and the King and Queen Contest (21 and over), at LaCosta Complex, JFK Boulevard and Landis Avenue.
The weekend will wrap up on Sun. 2/18 with Mike’s Seafood Run/Walk for Autism and the Polar Bear Corn hole Tournament.
The forecast for the 2pm plunge time Saturday is cloudy with a bit of rain or snow and a high of 41°, and an ocean water temperature below 40°. Bundle up and enjoy!
Here are Lite Rock's South Jersey Weekend Happenings
- Showboat: Atlantic City Fashion Week, highlighting collections from local to international designers, continues thru Sun. 2/17, Friday featuring high end ready to wear designers. This event has featured past designers from the hit television show Project Runway. Saturday will feature an international lineup of avant garde and couture (custom made) designers. Past season's have shown collections from India, Pakistan, Australia, South Africa, Germany and Russia.
- Borgata: Mary J. Blidge, Fri-Sat. 2/16-17
- Borgata: America, Music Box, Fri. 2/16
- Golden Nugget: Flashback Fridays with a Lynyrd Skynyrd tribute band, Fri. 2/16
- Tropicana: Dom Irrera, Sat. 2/17
- Boardwalk Hall: Fantasia, Kem & Avant, Sat. 2/16
- Borgata: Boyz II Men, Sun. 2.18
- Tropicana: 70's Soul Jam featuring The stylistics, The Delfonics, and Bloodstone, Sun. 2/18
Other fun stuff to do this weekend
-- Somers Point: Gateway Playhouse presents the play Love, Loss and What I Wore, Fool Moon Theatre's production of Nora and Delia Ephron's play, benefiting local charities, Sunday's 2pm performance benefits Gilda's Club South Jersey, Fri-Sun 2/16-18
- Galloway/Stockton: The Stockton PAC presents Broadway Boys, 6 male vocalists reinterpreting Broadway tunes, 4p Sat. 2/17
- Cape May: 8th annual Chile and Chowder Cook Off, noon-3p Sun. 2/18, Grand Hotel, 1045 Beach Ave, 609-884-5508