Scorching Start for Summer in South Jersey
Welcome to the first official day of summer. A heat advisory is in effect for all of South Jersey, except for the immediate coast where you’ll find some relief for the next couple of days. Expect the beaches to be packed.
If you need to get out of the heat, you may want to try the county libraries or senior centers, in addition to area shopping malls or movie theaters.
Here are some tips If you do need to be outside:
- Stay in the shade
- Wear sunscreen, along with loose fitting light colored clothes that cover as much skin as possible
- Drink water regularly even if you are not thirsty. Limit alcohol, and sugary drinks which speeds dehydration
- Never leave children or pets alone in the car
- Avoid exertion during the hottest part of the day
- Click here for more heat related saftey tips