5 Health Rules You Can Ignore
Here are five fitness rules that aren’t exactly correct...
Elise Solé of YAHOO! Shine has some interesting findings in research she did about some of our favorite misconceptions and over-calculations when it comes to how to be good to your body.
1. You need to walk 10,000 steps a day. This is actually more like 7,000 - 8,000 steps a day. People should aim for 150 minutes of exercise a week.
2. Drink 8 glasses of water a day to stay hydrated. It’s not really about quantity, especially considering we get water from things like fruit throughout the day, too. If you’re thirsty, drink water.
3. Dark chocolate is healthier than milk chocolate. Cocoa is what’s good for you and dark chocolate doesn’t always have more of it.
4. Sugar makes kids hyper. Though sugar has many negative health effects, it doesn’t make kids more hyper.
5. Stretching before a run prevents injury. It’s better to save stretching until after you’ve worked out.