You Definitely Are an Obnoxious Facebook Friend if…
The blog site “The Stir” has a recent list of things they think…make you an obnoxious Facebook friend. A couple of these do bother me, but most I find completely acceptable.
What bothers you about people’s posts on social media is a subjective thing, much like what bothers you about people in person is subjective. Social media is much easier than real life, though. There’s much less stress involved in un-friending someone on Facebook than asking them to move out of your house.
Let me tell you what bothers me on Facebook. Prejudice. Close-minded thinking. Complainers. People who repeat some nutty, out-of-touch political opinion, as if its mere repetition would somehow convince me that you are correct, even when every fiber of my being knows you are wrong.
That’s the kind of thing that bugs me on Facebook. You can “check-in” from everywhere all day long on your update and it won’t bother me. But, it does bug the guys from “The Stir”. Different strokes…
Anyway, take a look at the list of obnoxious Facebook traits, according to The Stir, then give me your “what bugs me list” in the comments section below.
You definitely are an obnoxious Facebook friend if …
1. You’re hashtag crazy. I know you’re #happy and you’re wearing #prettyshoes, but you are #reallyfrigginannoying so please #stop.
2. You’re getting married. I totally get why you’re excited. It’s a big deal. Congrats, by the way. But I don’t need to know the moment you ordered your flowers, decided on your napkin holders, or took your last single-girl poop.
3. You lost your phone. I find it very odd when people lose their phones and think it’s acceptable to create invites with 563 of their closest friends asking for their digits. Jeez, buy me a drink first.
4. You have a to-do list. Wow, you really have to drive your baby to daycare, mow the lawn, AND make dinner all before 6 p.m.? Gosh, it truly is a wonder how you find the time to Facebook as much as you do!
5. You “check-in” everywhere. Maybe if you’re somewhere that’s worth sharing … like the moon, or the North Pole … but other than that, I really, REALLY don’t care that you’re at the gynecologist.
6. You take photos of flowers. Your husband is a gem, you know that? But ask yourself this. If you get a bouquet of roses, and you don’t post a photo on Facebook, did you really get a bouquet of roses?
7. You post song lyrics as statuses. Listen, I’m not a detective. If I have to work that hard to figure out what you’re trying to say, I’ll just move on. Weirdo.
8. You’re think you’re a weatherman. Not sure why I even bother watching the weather reports on TV since 85 percent of my Facebook friends are meteorologists. 9. You’re a Debbie Downer. You lost your wallet, taped over your favorite episode of The Bachelor, AND got a parking ticket? Wah-waaaah. Calm down, Debbie.
10. You post random sad photos and make me feel bad. Of course I’d like to save that dog’s life, but I’m almost positive that liking the photo will do NOTHING of the sort. Sorry.