WEEKEND HAPPENINGS: Pro Beach Volleyball, Cycles Roar to the Shore & More
The DO AC Pro Beach Volleyball Invitational takes over on the Atlantic City beach this weekend, back in town for the first time in 16 years.The Tourney brings the most renowned men’s and women’s beach volleyball talent in the world into Atlantic City , including three-time Olympic gold medalist Kerri Walsh, Olympians April Ross, Jen Kessy, and Toms River’s own Ryan Doherty of Toms River, battling along the boardwalk for a piece of the $100,000 prize purse.
The event features brand new beach volleyball courts between the Revel Casino and the Showboat Hotel and Casino.
Qualifiers will kick off the weekend on Friday with the main draw and finals on Saturday and Sunday to follow.
VIP seating is sold out but general admission tickets are available and they are free!
Here’s a look at other fun stuff happening this weekend in South Jersey:
Concerts, shows and appearances…
- Borgata: Jim Breurer, Fri. 9/6
- House of Blues @ Showboat: Halestorm, Fri. 9/6
- House of Blues @ Showboat: Stone Temple Pilots, Sat. 9/7
- Golden Nugget: Blondie, Sat 9/7
- Tropicana: Kenny Loggins with Blue Sky Riders, Sat. 9/7
- Revel: Blink-182, Sat. 9/7
- Trump Taj Mahal: The Ladies of General Hospital, Sat. 9/7
- Borgata: Jeffery Ross, Musicbox, Sat. 9/7
- Somers Point: Beach Concert, Fri. 9/6, William J. Morrow Beach
- North Wildwood: The annual Mummers String band Show and Parade, Sat. 9/7 @ 3pm
- Millville: Levoy Theatre, “Les Miserables”, presented by the Cumberland Players, 9/6-9/15
Other fun stuff:
- Wildwood: “Roar to the Shore” motorcycle rally, 9/6-9/8
- Atlantic City: Boardwalk Art Show, Sat. 9/7 10a-5p
- Margate: 13th annual Dean Randazzo Surf for a Cause Cancer Benefit, Sat. 9/7Decatur Ave,
- Downbeach: 5th annual LeTour de Downbeach bike ride, Sun. 9/8
- Somers Point: Good Old Days Festival, Sat. 9/7 JFK. Park