Weekend Happenings: Grapes & Grain, Greek Fest, Pine Barrens Bike Ride & More
Ask the people who attend the Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church Greek Festival every year about their favorite part of this enduring festival and you are likely to get a variety of answers.
Sure the rides and are cool, the venders and the traditional Greek folk dancing are popular, and the fireworks are top-notch and a very entertaining way to wrap things up on Sunday night But the food may be the the main attraction, and with good reason…it’s really delicious!
The Greek Fest, celebrating its 30th Anniversary, is on now through Sunday at the Church on Mill Road at Ridge Avenue in Egg Harbor Township.
Here’s a look at the rest of the South Jersey Weekend happenings…
– Trump Taj Mahal: Lite Rock’s Grapes and Grain Festival, Sat. 6/7 from 4-8pm, a traveling wine and beer event, set to a backdrop of delicious food and great music.The festival celebrates the best of both worlds with a craft beer and wine sampling all under one roof! You can purchase tickets for $40 in advance ($50 at the door) which include sampling of great wines and craft beers as well as a souvenir tasting glass! You can also enjoy delicious food available for purchase, various vendors, artisans and live music, and the chance to win a vacation to France or Germany!
– Borgata: Fitz and the Tantrums, Fri. 6/6, The Music Box
– Revel: The Avett brothers, Sat. 6/7
– Borgata: Chris Robinson’s Brotherhood, Sat. 6/7
– Harrah’s: Trace Adkins, Sat. 6/7
– Caesars: Terry Fator, Sat. 6/7
– Resorts: Al Jardine and Mac McAnally, Sat. 6/7
– Tropicana: Hooters Regional Swimsuit Pageant, Sun. 6/8 @ 4pm
Other fun stuff this weekend…
– Galloway: Stockton College’s 6th Annual Legacy Bike Ride, Sat. 6/7 @ 8am, varying distance rides available, biking through the Pinelands
– Egg Harbor City: Indoor/Outdoor Yard Sale, Sat-Sun. 6/7-8, benefiting Penny Angel Beagle Rescue, 927 Moss Mill Rd., 609-652-8560
– Tuckerton: Privateers and Pirates Festival, Seaport, Sat. 6/7 from 11-5p, 609-296-8868
– Ocean City: OCPBA Police Chase 5K, Sat. 6/7 @ 8am
– Sea Isle: Peyton’s Promise 5K, 6/7 @11AM
– Spin 4 The Cure: Various locations, benefiting cancer research, Sat-Sun 6/7-6/8, 609-442-8993
– Atlantic City: YU-GI-OH! Regional, All Thing Fun!, Convention Center, Sat. 6/7
– Hammonton: Eagle Theatre‘s 100th Anniversary Gala, Sat.6/7
– Egg Harbor Township: Bark For Your Park Dog Walk, Bargaintown, EHT Dog Park, Sat. 6/7@ 9am
– Atlantic City: Dante Hall, Verdi’s “Aida”, Sat. 6/7
– Mays landing: A.C. Special Services School District Spring Fair, Sat. 6/7