Weekend Happenings: Fun at the Beach, ShopRite LPGA, VetRock at Bader Field
After a cool, damp start, we managed to pull out a pretty darn good Memorial Day Weekend and the crowds ready to get back to The Shore were plentiful. But last weekend didn’t feature the warmest beach weather.
This weekend promises to bring warmer temps to the beach, but not to the way-too-frigid for my taste Ocean water, with temps stills below 60 degrees! So, have fun on the sand and in the sun and just dip a toe in the water for another couple of weeks, ’til things warm up.
Here’s a look at some of this weekend’s off-the-beach highlights in South Jersey…
Concert, Shows, Appearances:
-Caesars: Deanna Martin, Fri. 5/31
- Borgata: Billy Burr, Sat. 6/1
- Trump Taj Mahal: Terry Fator, Sat. 6/1
- House of Blues @ Showboat: Gov’t Mule, Sat. 6/1
-Tropicana:Sinbad, Sat. 6/1
-Revel: Elana Vaenga, Sat. 6/1
-Bally’s : Peltz Boxing, Sat. 6/1
- Atlantic City’s Bader Field: “Vet Rock” w/Mitch Ryder, Soul Survivors, Mark Farner, The Buckinghams & more, Sat. 6/1, gates open @ 10am
-Atlantic City: Gardner’s Basin, Summer Concert Series, Sat. 6/1 @ 1pm to dusk
-Galloway: The ShopRite LPGA Golf Tournament, featuring 140 of the world’s best women golfers at the Stockton Seaview Resort thru Sun. 6/2
-The Northfield Education Association is sponsoring a pancake breakfast this Saturday from 8:30-11. Short-stacks for Superstorm Sandy will take place at the Northfield Community School Cafeteria. Click to see more.
-Port Republic Town-wide Yard sale, Sat. 6/1
-Absecon Citywide Yard Sale, Sat. 6/1
-Galloway: Clam Bake & Penny auction, Peace Lutheran Church
-West Cape May Strawberry festival, Sat. 6/1, Wilbraham Park 9-5pm
- Atlantic City: Surf Stadium, Multicultural Festival, Sun. 6/2
- Cape May: Cape May Restaurant Week begins Sun. 6/2
- Winslow Township: Sharrot Winery Wine and Music Festival, Sat&Sun. 6/1-6/2
-Cape May: The “Escape the Cape” Triathlon, Cape May-Lewis Ferry Terminal, Sun. 6/2