Weekend Happenings: Food & Wine Aplenty, Survivor Auditions, Beach Frisbee & More
The Atlantic City Food and Wine Festival is the big attraction this weekend with events held at Caesars, Harrah’s Resort, Showboat & Bally’s.
Caesars Entertainment, in cooperation with the Atlantic City Convention & Visitors Authority, will host the 2013 Atlantic City Food and Wine Festival from July 25 – 28, 2013. The festival will feature some of the culinary world’s most renowned chefs, and an exciting listing of events will take place throughout Caesar’s properties. Previous Atlantic City Food and Wine Festivals have been a tremendous success, and this year brings even more to the table.
Here are some more fun things to do this weekend in South Jersey…
Concerts, shows and appearances:
– Boardwalk Hall: Beyonce, Fri. 7/26
– Borgata: Jonas Brothers, Fri. 7/26
– Trump Taj Mahal: News Kids on the Block, Boyz II Men and 98 Degrees, Fri. 7/26
– Revel: Plain White T’s, The Social, Fri. 7/26
– House of Blues @ Showboat: Dark Star Orchestra, Fri. 7/26
– Bally’s :Taylor Hicks Fri & Sat 7/26 & 27
– Tropicana: David Cassidy, Fri. 7/27
– Revel: Bill Maher, Sat 7/27
–Borgata: The Jacksons, Sat. 7/27
Steel Pier: Louis Prima, Jr. Sat & Sun 7/27-7/28
Other fun stuff:
– All summer long: The Jersey Shore Beach N Boat Fishing Tournament is a New Jersey statewide, season-long, inshore, saltwater, multi-species fishing tournament that challenges anglers of all skill levels to compete for cash and prizes. Anglers can sign-up for $20 and fish for 8 species, once or everyday for the entire season. Prizes are awarded for the largest catches. Proceeds go to the Fisheries Conservation Trust and the tournament is supported in part by a grant from the New Jersey Department of State, Division of Travel and Tourism.
-Atlantic City: Midsummer Night’s Scream, Fri-Sun 7/26-28 at Dante Hall, written by Robert and Al Gregg, and directed by Tyler Riley, is a musical take on Shakespeare’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream. Set to the music of the 50’s.
-Somers Point: Benefit for Joanne Miele, Fri. 7/26 @7pm at Greate Bay Country Club. Joanne is a Northfield resident afflicted with the disease scleroderma waiting for a donor for the double lung transplant .
-Somers Point: Beach Concert, Fri. 7/26 @ 7pm at William J. Morrow Memorial Beach
–Cape May Comedy Festival: Fri-Sun 7/26-28, starring Gilbert Gottfried
– Atlantic City- Taj Mahal: Survivor auditions. Sat. 7 27 , noon -3pm. One of the most popular reality competition shows of all time is searching for contenders for the 2013 season of CBS Survivor.
-Linwood: Ryan’s Run.The 1st Annual Ryan’s Run – a 65 mile Poker Run which is to raise money for Ryan, a 23 yr old resident of Linwood Care Center, in order to send him to Disney World. Registration is from 10;30 to 12;00 @ Linwood Care Center, 201 New Rd, Linwood, NJ. First 50 registrants receive a Ryan’s Run 2013 T-shirt. Cost is $20/rider, $15/passenger. For more information, or to preregister, call John @ (609)2046382.
-Ocean City: 10th annual Chip Miller Surf Fest benefiting amyloidosis research and awareness, Sat. 7/27 @ 7th St. Beach
-Wildwood: Co-Ed Ultimate Frisbee Tournament, 7/26-28
– Egg Harbor Township: World War II Encampment all-day event at Greater Egg Harbor Township Historical Society Museum, Sat. 7/27
– Egg Harbor Township: Raymour and Flanigan Disaster Relief Fun Benefit, Sun. 7/28. Join Lite Rock at this benefit for sandy victims Sunday starting at 11:00 A.M. at Raymour and Flanigan located on the Black Horse Pike. The raffle will take place around 5:00. You do not have to be present to win.
– Egg Harbor City: Renault Winery’s Summer Chill Wine Festival,Sun. 7/28 4-9pm, try wines from 12 New Jersey wineries