The 20 Best Companies to Work for
Fortune Magazine's list of the best companies to work for sets a high bar for employers who really respect and appreciate their employees.
The list is useful even if you have no intention of working for any of the companies on it.
The breakdown of the companies' pay, benefits, and work perks are something you should be looking for the next time you are looking for a job.
Here is Fortune's 20 best Companies to work for in 2014 list and a link to the magazine's Top 100 Companies to Work for in 2014
The 20 Best Companies to work for in 2014...
1. Google - with stock worth over $1,000 and the company donating money when their employees do volunteer work they continue to top best workplace lists.
2. SAS - there's an on site health center that's open to family members of employees.
3. The Boston Consulting Group - with over 50 years of service this company is growing with 10% more jobs over the past year.
4. Edward Jones - their turnover is at an industry low 8%.
5. Quicken Loans - focused on turning around the brain drain in Detroit it gives incentives to employees for moving to the city.
6. Genentech - this biotech company works closely with the real patients they are researching care for.
7. Salesforce.com - they've doubled their workforce to 10,000 in the past two years.
8. Intuit - they offer fitness incentives and give new hires an entire month to get used to the work environment before giving them assignments.
9. Robert W Baird & Co - they cap employee work weeks to 37 1/2 hours.
10. DPR Construction - they make open floor office plans for companies like Facebook and Pixar.
11. Camden Property Trust - they're sure to give employees plenty of surprise bonuses when the company is doing well.
12. Wegmans Food Markets - half of their employees are under 25 and then are able to find growth within the company.
13. David Weekley Homes - they provide college scholarships for their employees kids.
14. Burns & McDonnell - they have one of the best stock ownership plans in the country.
15. Hilcorp - if they meet their goals by 2015 every single person in the company will get $100,000.
16. CHG Healthcare Services - employees get 29 paid days off a year.
17. USAA - former military families fill this company's employment spots.
18. Southern Ohio Medical Center - they pay all of the tuition for employees trying to pursue a further degree.
19. Baptist Health South Florida - they give $10,000 to first time home buyers.
20. Ultimate Software - every single employee is a shareholder and that stock just continues to rise.