WEEKEND HAPPENINGS: Fleetwood Mac, All Together Now
One of the ideas promoted by the soon-to-be extinct DO AC People, the Atlantic City Alliance, to resuscitate Atlantic City in 2015 was to have a series of big-name concerts at Boardwalk Hall.
The success of 2014's outdoor summer beach concerts, mixed with the wonderful concert experience to be had at the charming Boardwalk Hall seemed like a can't miss combination. DO AC may be short of life, but the idea was a good one!
This weekend's show with Fleetwood Mac is a prime example. What better way to overcome the dull-drums of Atlantic City 2015 in January than the influx of an affluent (those tickets ain't cheap) crowd of 12,000 live music fans looking for fun on Saturday night?
This concert is one I've been waiting for since it was first announced. Fleetwood Mac without Christine McVie simply just simply wasn't really Fleetwood Mac. Her presence in the band and those rich, distinctive harmonies are what make it all sound so good! Now, after 16 years, she is back in The Mac. Let the good times roll Saturday night at Boardwalk Hall!
Here are some other South Jersey Weekend Happenings....
- Atlantic City: Tropicana - David Cassidy, Fri. 1/23
- Atlantic City: Tropicana - Ring of Combat, MMA fighting, Fri. 1/23
- Egg Harbor Township:Greek Winter Feast, Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church, Fri-Sun. 1/23-25
- Ventnor: Vintage Jazz Night, Ventnor Coffee, Fri. 1/23 from 8-10pm
- Wildwood: FreeZa-PoLooZA, Rock-fest charity benefit, Blue Water Grill, Sat. 1/24
- Millville: Kashmir, Led Zeppelin tribute, Levoy Theater, Fri. 1/13
- Vineland: Bay-Atlantic Symphony Choral Concert, Cumberland Co. College, Sun. 1/25 @2pm