O.C. Girls Weekend, Comic Fest, Flea Market – Weekend Happenings
The weekend is here and you don't have a clue what to do? Is that your problem, bucko? Well, you have come to the right place! Welcome to Lite Rock's South Jersey Weekend Happenings, a place to get ideas for fun things to do. This weekend ranks in the middle of the pack as far as the fun stuff goes, with spring break ending and many families with school-age kids just returning to town and another lame-o weekend weather forecast (ugh!), pickings are a little slim. However, we've found several things that sound pretty darn entertaining, so here goes.
Here are Lite Rock's Weekend Happenings...
- Showboat Hotel and Convention Center: Garden State Comic Fest, promoting that they offer something for every comic book fan "from the serious collector looking to find that super rare book to the casual fan looking to just have a great time. From comics and art to vintage toys and pop culture items", Sat-Sun 4/7-/4/8
- Golden Nugget: Springsteen tribute band (and a good one) B Street Band, Fri 4/6
- Borgata: Comic JD Smooth (Curb Your Enthusiasm), Sat. 4/7, sold out
- Caesars: Bush in concert, Sat. 4/7
- Tropicana IMax- Pandas 3D, 40 minute documentary, noon daily
Other fun stuff to do this weekend
- Ocean City:Girls Weekend, downtown Ocean City, features hotel and bed-and-breakfast packages, dining offers, shopping discounts, a popular fashion show, prizes, yoga and wellness classes, craft projects and demonstrations at various locations throughout Ocean City, the reigning Miss America will visit Ocean City too, Fri-Sun 4/6- 8
- Pleasantville: Greater Atlantic City Cancer Fund Benefit Buffet Dinner, everyone welcome, $25 adults, 12.50 kids,5-8P Sat. 4/7, Pleasantville Yacht, 344 E. Bayview Ave, 609-641-8262
- Somers Point: Flea Market & Craft Show 9A-3P Sun 4/8, Bethel Road Firehouse, 609-927-7169
- Millville: Legends of Salsa Dancing, Tony Vega, Frankie Negron and Hector Tricoche, 8P Sat, 4/7, Levoy Theatre