NJ Graduation Guidelines for the Class of 2020
The class of 2020 commencements can now take place after getting the green light earlier this week to proceed with outside in-person graduation ceremonies from Governor Murphy.
Graduations can now take place starting on July 6th.The date is already set for Middle Township High School. The Class of 2020 will be receiving their well deserved diplomas on July 7th at Memorial Filed.
Wildwood High School will host their 2020 graduation ceremonies also on July 7th and St. Augustine Prep in Richland and Mainland Regional in Linwood will announce the date shortly for their commencement ceremonies which will take place on campus.
Here are just some of the guidelines graduates and guests will have to follow for safety precautions amid the lingering concerns of the coronavirus pandemic from a report according to NJ.com and NJ.Gov.
- Everyone in attendance must wear a face mask or face covering
- Social distancing (6 feet apart) should continue except for immediate family and romantic partners.
- No diplomas, awards and medals should be given out during the commencement.
- All caps and gowns should be mailed to the graduates. Graduates should not be allowed to throw caps in the air.
- No gifts of flowers should be given to the graduates.
- The number of staff should be limited.
- Entry and exits of students and guests must be staggered.
Congratulations to the Class of 2020!
More From Lite Rock 96.9 WFPG