Download Netflix Party To Simultaneously Watch With Friends
If you are staying home and have socially distanced from others, than a round of applause to you for doing your part.
But a very sad part about listening to the authorities' warnings is that you will miss out on watching some of your favorite shows and movies with your friends and family by your side.
...because let's be real. Watching a new episode without your crew is a fire-able offense.
Google Chrome is now offering the extension called Netflix Party. You can virtually simultaneously watch your favorite movies and shows with your friends and family and there is even a chat room so you can share your not-so-subtle reactions while you watch.
Here is how it works:
(Adults, get your kids because this is going to get a little techy)
1. Go to NetflixParty.com on a Google Chrome browser. Then click "Get Netflix Party for free!" You will then be directed to the Netflix Party's page.
2. Click "Add to Chrome" and then click "Add extension" in the pop-up window. Netflix Party will then be added to the top right corner of your Google Chrome browser, next to the address bar. It will have the initials "NP."
3. Make sure your friends have downloaded "NP" onto their Google Chrome browsers as well.
4. Using your Google Chrome browser, go to Netflix.com, and play the show or movie you all want to watch.
5. Then click the "NP" button on your browser. You'll also have the option of making yourself the one in charge of pausing, fast-forwarding and rewinding by checking the "Only I have control" box. If you don't, anybody in your party will be able to use these features.
6. Click "Start the Party" and copy the URL that appears. Send this URL to the people you want to join your party.
7. Once your friends open the link, they should log into Netflix and hit the "NP" button on their Google Chrome browsers.
8. You should now be synced up! Enjoy your program. You can also communicate with each other via group chat on the right side of the screen. Choose a festive user icon and screen name and share all your binge-watching feels through messages, screenshots, emojis and GIFs.
Sometimes I roll my eyes at some of the technological inventions people create. And then there are inventions like these that is absolutely GENIUS for the times we are in.
Anyone want to have a Netflix Party? If you are a 24 fan, this will be fun. SO MANY SHOWS AND MOVIES ON MY LIST.
Take a look at the original article at USAToday.com.
More From Lite Rock: