Lighthouse Challenge, Witch-Craft, Bonfire – WEEKEND HAPPENINGS
The 20th Anniversary of the Lighthouse Challenge of New Jersey is happening this weekend. America's first and largest Lighthouse Festival takes place Saturday and Sunday, October 19 & 20 at fourteen beacons in New Jersey, including our own Absecon Lighthouse in Atlantic City.
Your "challenge" is to visit them all in one weekend! Absecon will be open late Saturday for thrilling night climbs.
Here are Lite Rock's South Jersey Weekend Happenings...
- Hard Rock: The Isley Brothers with the Pointer Sisters, Fri. 10/18
- Borgata: Comic Jo Koy, Fri. 10/18, sold out
- Borgata: Comic Heather Land, Fri. 10/18, Music Box
- Ocean Casino: Tower of Power and Average White Band, Sat. 10/19, sold out
- Golden Nugget: U2 tribute band, Fri. 10/18
- Borgata: Steve Martin and Martin Short, Sat. 10/19
- Caesars: 14-year old ventriloquist Dari Lynne & Friends Sat. 10/19
- Borgata: Comic Roy Wood, Jr., Sat. 10/19
- Resorts: Totally 80's Homecoming, Sat. 10/19
- Harrah's: Comic Eddie B, Sat. 10/19
- Golden Nugget: The Spinners, Sat. 10/19
- Tropicana: 4th annual Beer & Whiskey Festival, 2-6p Sat. 10/19
Here's more fun stuff to do around South Jersey....
-Margate: Monster Mile Fun Run, 4p Fri 10/18, a mile run in Halloween costumes, Jerome Ave. Park, Huntington Ave
- Somers Point: 3rd annual Trunk -or-Treat 6-8p Fri. 10/18, free and open to public, 1 W. New Jersey Ave, 609-927-9088 Ext 105
- Somers Point: WOOFstock, the Humane Society of Ocean City's fundraiser, featuring Jeffery Gaines, Nancy Malcun and Catroom Katie bailey, Fri. 10/18, Josie Kelly's Public house, 908 Shore Road
- Ocean City: Ghost Tours in Ocean City, 8p Fri-Sat. 10/18-19, 9th & Absury Ave
- Atlantic City: 61st annual The Atlantic City Marathon, America's third oldest marathon, with 4 different race distances, Sat. 10/19
- Northfield: The Children's Dyslexia Center's annual Walk for Dyslexia, 10a Sat. 10/19, Birch Grove Park
- Smithville: Pet Costume Contest, 1p Sat. 10/19
- Mays Landing: Witch Craft Beer Festival, sample broos and spirits from over 50 brew masters, 6-10p Sat. 10/19, Lake Lenape Park
- Somers Point: The Somers Point Historical Society's 5th annual Horsepower by the Bay car and boat show, 10a-2p Sat. 10/19, Bay Ave and Harbor Lane
- Ocean City: Porsche Boardwalk Reunion, Porsche models from 1948 to present day on the boardwalk, Sat. 10/19
- Cape May: Fall Birding Festival, Fri-sun. 10/18-20, Convention Hall
- Tuckerton: The Haunted Seaport at Tuckerton Seaport, haunted fun all weekend, thru sun. 10/20
- Ocean City: 9th annual HERO Walk and 5K Run, Sun 10/20, 6th Street & the boardwalk