Holiday Cheer & Ugly Christmas Sweaters – Weekend Happenings
Here's an alarming wake-up call, for me anyway. Christmas is only three weeks away!
Even though I should realize that having been an active participant in Thanksgiving just last week, it still startles me a little, because in my mind, summer was just here about 10 minutes ago.
Anyway, good luck with your shopping and decorating and merry-making.
If you're looking for suggestions about fun things to do this weekend in South Jersey, I present you with Lite Rock's Weekend Happenings. By the way, I'm leading the Holiday Sing Along at the Tropicana Friday night at 7pm. Come get jolly with me!
- Tropicana: Holiday Sing Along and the Holiday Multi-Media Light and Sound Show, Fri.12/2 @ 7pm, join Santa Claus, Lite Rock's Eddie Davis and the Hammonton High School Chorus on the Boardwalk outside of Tropicana
- Boardwalk Hall: Deck the Hall Festival of Trees, Fri.12/4 thru 1/2/16,benefiting CASA, free & open to the public
- Borgata: Human Nature: Christmas Motown, Fri-Sat 12/4-5
- Golden Nugget: CSN SONGS, Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young Tribute, Fri. 12/4
- Dante Hall: A Jazzy Holiday with Eddie Morgan and Rec'D 4 Jazz Band, Fri. 12/4
- Resorts: The World Beauty Fitness and Fashion A.C., Sat.12/5
- Absecon lighthouse: The Plaid Party and Ugly Sweater Contest, Sat. 12/5 from 6-8pm
Other fun stuff to do this weekend...
- Somers Point: Christmas Parade and Tree Lighting, Fri. 12/4 @ 6pm, down Dawes Ave. to City Hall
- Ocean City: Christmas Parade, Fri. 12/4 @ 6:30pm, Asbury Ave.-
- Northfield: Christmas Tree Lighting, Fri. 12/4 @ 6:30pm, City Hall
- Brigantine Christmas Tree lighting, Fri. 12/4 @ 5:30pm, firehouse, 609-264-7350
- Egg Harbor Township High School: Drama Club presents " A Midsummer Night's Dream", thru Sun. 12/6
-Absecon: Holy Spirit High school Craft Fair, Sun. 12/6from 10a-4p
- Northfield: 21st annual Magic of Manna culinary event, more than 30 restaurants participating, Congregation Beth Israel, Sun. 2/6 from 6-9pm, 609-641-3600