Halloween Parties, Ghostly Fun, ‘Dracula’ – Weekend Happenings
UPDATE: LITE ROCK'S SAFE TRICK OR TREATING HAS BEEN CANCELLED!
It's the weekend before Halloween and Lite Rock's Weekend Happenings is chock-full of frightful, and not-so frightful, things to do. The one Halloween happening I would like to recommend the most is Lite Rock's annual Safe Trick or Treating, scheduled for Saturday, Oct. 27 from 11a-1p in Birch Grove Park, Northfield.
However, since the scariest thing about this weekend in South Jersey is the weather forecast, all I can say at this writing is the event is still planned for Saturday, but things do not look good. A final decision on Safe Trick or Treating will be made on Friday, so listen to Lite Rock for the latest word or check the Lite Rock Facebook page or this space for an update. With any other events listed that are planned for outdoors, I suggest checking with the venue first if the weather is bad. All events are linked for your convenience.
Here are Lite Rock's South Jersey Weekend Happenings.....
- Claridge Hotel: Vue Rooftop Bar presents the Dead Celebrities Halloween Costume Ball, Fri. 10/26
- Ocean Resort: Friday Night Live! Featuring Joe Piscopo and the No Vacancy Orchestra, with Sal "The Voice" Valentinetti, Haley Reinhart, Landau Murphy Jr., Fri. 10/26, Ovation Hall
- Borgata: Garbage, Fri. 10/26, Music Box
- Borgata: The Temptations and the Four Tops, Fri. 10/26
- Showboat: Motor Social Spooktacular, Fri-Sun. 10/26-28, indoor car show and Halloween party weekend
- Absecon Lighthouse: Haunted Lighthouse Tours at 5, 6,7, and 8p Sat. 10/27
- Venice Park: Atlantic City Opera Theatre's Halloween Party: Halloween party-concert featuring the scariest, darkest, grossest, creepiest....but also some of the funniest, most ridiculous and just plain goofiest selections from Broadway and Opera, 1617 N. Mississippi Avenue, 5-7p Sat. 10/27
- Hard Rock: Pitbull, Sat. 10/27
- Harrah's: Tesla, Sat. 10.27
- Golden Nugget: The Amazing Kreskin, Sat. 10/27
- Borgata: Comic Jim Jefferies, Sat. 10 27
- Borgata: Comic Jess Hilarious, Sat. 10/27, Music Box
- Caesars: Old school hip-hop acts Big Daddy Kane, Dru Hill Doug E Fresh and Biz Markie, Sat. 10/27
-Ocean Resort: Halloween trick or treating for the kids, noon Sun. 10/28
- Ocean Resort: "Gossamer's Haunted Illusions", magician Peter Gossamer brings his favorite illusions to Ovation Hall, 2p Sun. 10/28
- Caesars: The Atlantic City Ballet presents Dracula, 4:30p Sun. 10/28
Boardwalk: Atlantic City's Halloween Parade has been rescheduled for its rain date, 3p Sun. 10/28, beginning at Showboat, 609-703-9000
Here's more fun stuff to do this weekend in South Jersey
- Mays Landing: 19th annual Ghost Walk in downtown Mays Landing, 6-8:30p Fri. 10/26, hosted by Hamilton Historical Society, tours leaving every 15 minutes from Mays Landing Presbyterian Church , 6001 Main St.
- Millville: Ghost Tours, Glasstown Arts District, 6-9p Fri. 10/26
- Ocean City: Candlelight Ghost Tours, 8-9:30p Fri. 10/26, 9th & Asbury Ave, registration required, 609-814-0199
- Mays Landing: Hamilton Mall's ComicFest with a Halloween theme,10a-5p Sat. 10/27
- Cold Spring Village: Ghost Walk, 7p Sat. 10/27, advanced registration suggested
- Smithville: Zombie Walk, 6p Sat. 10/27
- North Wildwood: Trunk or Treat Block Party, 5:30-7p Sat. 10/27, Olde New Jersey Ave, between 2nd & Chestnut
- Smithville: Witches Day Out, 2-6p Sun. 10/28
Cape May Court House: Middle Twp. Olde Tyme Harvest Festival has been rescheduled to noon-5p Sun 10/28,