Feel Better Foods
We know a healthy diet helps us keep our weight in check, but better food choices may also help improve our mood.
On the flip side, a diet high in fat and sugar that lacks fiber,fruits, and veggies is a recipe for poor health, according to research on depression and diet.
Here are a few good choices to boost your mood:
- Choose fruits and vegetables which are rich in vitamins, minerals and fiber.
- Whole grains and high fiber foods keep blood sugar stable and are better choices than refined sugar products.
- High quality proteins are building blocks for a mood-boosting diet.
- Aim for fish high in omega 3 fatty acids such as salmon.
- If you are a meat lover, grass fed beef also contains more omega 3 fatty acids than regular beef.
Just a few healthy, mood boosting foods.