Brigantine Man Charged With Murder Said Wife Cheated
Court documents show that 36-year old Robert Declementi, facing charges of first degree murder in the death of his wife on Saturday in Brigantine, told police that his wife said she had cheated on him.
Brigantine Police received a 911 call Saturday Aug 22 at 4:27 a.m. and responded to the Declementi home at 17 Girard Place in Brigantine. Rachel Declementi, 30, was found dead in the home with numerous injuries to her body, according to the Atlantic County Prosecutor's Office.
The Press of Atlantic City reports the court affidavit of probable cause has disclosed this information about the case...
- Robert Declementi was covered in blood when police arrived and told officers when his wife came home she "told me she cheated on me with someone from Applebee's".
- When police entered the residence, they found Rachel Declementi unconscious and bleeding from her head near the front door with "multiple injuries to to her head and face".
- A forensic exam of the home showed a disheveled, blood stained room at the back of the home, but no signs of forced entry.
- There was a "long blood-stained pattern consistent with someone have been dragged from that room through the kitchen and to the front entranceway" where the woman's body was found.
- Blood was also found on the carpet leading to the upstairs hallway, on the front deck and sidewalk.
- A hammer was in the kitchen under a bloody rag, with multiple bloody paper towels and a blood-stained Swiffer mop, 'and the scene showed evidence of someone's attempt at cleaning up."
Robert Declementi is being held at the Atlantic County Jail awaiting his first court appearance.