Beer Cheese Dip Is the Perfect Snack for National Cheese Lovers Day (and Sunday’s Eagles Game)
If you're a serious cheese addict then your special day is coming. That's right, this Saturday we celebrate National Cheese Lovers Day!
Did you know there are over 1,400 varieties of cheese? According to NationalDayCalendar.com, there are 18 specialty days in the calendar for cheese fanatics, including National Grilled Cheese and String Cheese Day.
Not only does cheese make a great snack any time, any day, it especially pairs well with football. And if you haven't been living under a rock lately, then you know Sunday's Eagles game is a BIG one.
Check out this awesome cheese (and beer) inspired recipe from All Recipes, that's perfect for game day this weekend.
Beer Cheese Dip
Here's the ingredients you'll need:
- 8 ounces of shredded cheese
- 6 ounces of softened cream cheese
- 2 cloves of diced garlic
- 2 teaspoons of cornstarch
- Half a cup of beer
1. Preheat over to 375 degrees. Use a bit of non-stick cooking spray on a glass baking dish.
2. You'll need a food processor to combine the cream cheese, garlic cloves and beer. Add cornstarch and a small amount of paprika before continuing to process.
3. Add mix to baking dish and bake until bubbling hot (usually 35 minutes or so).
4. Serve with pretzels, chips, wings, shrimp, etc.
Enjoy and go Eagles!!
More From Lite Rock 96.9 WFPG: