Weekend Happenings: We’ve Got the Blues & Lots More to Do, Too
The world-renowned experimental musical theater troupe, The Blue Man Group,begin a week-long stay at Caesars Atlantic City this weekend!
Equal parts play, concert, and sketch routine, the Blue Man Group combined sight gags, physical stunts, and audience participation, with members of the front rows given plastic rain ponchos as protection from the hail of paint, food, and other assorted projectiles launched from the stage.
If you’ve never been blue…it’s something you should do! Don’t miss the Blue Man Group this week live at Caesars.
Here are some other ideas for weekend fun in South Jersey.
Concerts, shows and appearances:
- Caesars: Comic Kevin Hart, Fri. 8/23
- Borgata: Comic Lewis Black, Fri. & Sat. 8/23-24
- Borgata: The Wanted, Hot Chelle Rae, Fri. 8/23
- House of Blues at Showboat: Sister Hazel, Fri. 8/23
- Revel: Comic Chris Tucker, Sat. 8/24
- Cape May: The Philadelphia Boys Choir & Chorale, Convention Hall Sat. 8/24
- Atlantic City: George Clinton and Parliament Funkadelic and others, Sat. 8/ 24 from noon to 8pm, a free concert at Gardner’s Basin in Atlantic City.
Other cool weekend stuff:
- Manahawkin: Lite Rock 96.9 WFPG will be at Lester Glenn Hyundai on Route 72 in Manahawkin this Saturday from noon til 2pm for their back to school promotion!
- Ocean City: “Grease” the musical, Ocean City Music Pier, Fri. & Sat. 8/23-24 @ 2 & 7:30pm, O,C.Theater Company Junior Company
- Wildwood: Sports Card, Toys, Comics and Collectibles Show, 8/23-8/25, Convention Center, 4501 Boardwalk, free admission. 800-992-9732
- Linwood: Family Fun Festival, 8/24 from 2 to 7 pm,Linwood Community Church, 1838 Shore Road, free 609-927-2950.
- Ocean City, Fireworks and entertainment celebration,8/23-@7:30pm(fireworks@10pm), Ocean City Music Pier, 800-BEACH-NJ.
- Ventnor: Absecon Island Surfing Championships, Sat. 8/24 @ 7am, at the Ventnor Pier, Cambridge Ave.
- Atlantic City: Movies Under the Stars, Bartram Avenue and Boardwalk, 8/ 23 @ dusk: “Rise of the Guardians;” free. 609-347-0500
- Ocean City: Clam Shell Pitching Championships, Sat. 8/24 @ 3pm, 6th St. beach
- Wildwood: Colossal Coastal Roller Derby Expo, 8/24 multiple showtimes, Convention Center
- Egg Harbor City: Grape Stomping Festival & Craft Show, Renault Winery, Sun. 8/25 noon-4:30pm
- Atlantic City: Movies Under the Stars, 8/25@ dusk, Brighton Park, Indiana Avenue and Boardwalk “Madagascar 3;” free.
- Cape May: Seafarers’ Weekend, 8.24-25, Historic Cold Spring Village, Route 9
- Margate: 12th annual Claudia’s Crab fest, Sun. 8/25 4-8pm, Margate Log Cabin, benefiting brain cancer research