Weekend Happenings: Phish, Food Drive, Trail of Two Cities & More
November changes everything. You’ll see. It may not officially be winter yet, but it’s bound to start feeling like it pretty soon. You can put away that lawn mower and grab your snow shovel.
And, no sooner will you pitch your jack-o-lantern, than you’ll start your Christmas shopping.
A sure sign that things are changing is the return to Eastern Standard Time this weekend. Remember that ever-popular slogan, “Spring forward…fall down”. No, that doesn’t sound right.
Anyway, we turn our clocks back one hour this Sunday. There are enough entertaining options this weekend in South Jersey that you may well need another hour just to fit them in, too!
Here’s a look at some of the highlights. Enjoy!
Concerts, shows & appearances:
– Boardwalk Hall: Phish, sold out, Fri. & Sat. 11/1-11/2
– Borgata: The Rascals, Fri. 11/1
– Harrah’s : Thompson Square, Fri. 11/1
– Borgata: Joan Rivers, Music Box, Sat. 11/2
– Borgata: John Fogerty, Sat. 11/2
– Resorts: Thanos Petrelis, Sat. 11/2
– Revel: ABBA Mania, Sat. 11/2
Other fun stuff:
– Somers Point: Lite Rock’s annual Holiday Food Drive, Sat. 11/2 11a-1p, ShopRite
– Ocean City: 18th annual Trail of Two Cities 5K Walk and Run between Ocean City and Somers Point, Sat. 11/2 @8am
– Ventnor: 11th annual Step Up for the ARC Walk, beginning at St. James Church, 6415 Atlantic Ave.
– Atlantic City: Tattoo Expo, Fri-Sun 11/1-11/3, Tropicana Casino
– Egg Harbor Township: 28th annual Craft Fair, Cologne Firehouse, Sat. 11/2 9a-3p, 609-804-1749
– Stockton PAC: Alvin Ailey Dance performance, Fri. 11/1 27p
– Brigantine: Sons of Italy rigatoni dinner, Sat. 11/2 5-8pm, Elks lodge, 609-266-1951
– Galloway: Crafts Marketplace at Noyes Museum, Sat-Sun. 11/2-11/3