Weekend Happenings: Greek Fest, Midget Auto Racing, Freeza-Poloosa
January has proven to be an especially harsh month of cold and snow… and more cold. Did I mention it sure has been cold this month? We deserve a fun weekend!
Here are some ideas for getting out and having some good time in South Jersey. Enjoy!
– Harrah’s: Lyle Lovett and John Hiatt, Fri. 1/24
– Tropicana: “Ring of Combat” mixed martial arts event, Fri. 1/25
– Resorts: NBCSN Fight Night, Fri. 1/25
– Caesars: Mike Tyson’s ‘Undisputed Truth’, Sat. 1/26
– Golden Nugget: Fight Night, boxing card, Sat. 1/25
– HOB at Showboat: Cold War Kids, Sat. 1/26
Other fun stuff,,,
– Boardwalk Hall: 2013 Gambler’s Classic, midget car races, Fri-Sat. 1/25-26
– Egg Harbor Township: “Greek Fest”, Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church, 7004 Ridge Ave, traditional Greek foods, dance, music and more. Fri-Sun 1/25-27, 609-653-8092
– Wildwood: “Freeza-Poloosa“, beef and beef, live music benefit for two locals fighting brain cancer, Sat. 1/26, Bolero Blue Water Grill, 3320 Atlantic Ave.
– Hammonton: “Footloose”, Eagle Theatre, Sat. 1/25
– Atlantic City: Rescheduled performance of Handel’s “Messiah”, Trump Taj Mahal, Sun. 1/26 @7pm. Xanadu Theatre, 609-652-9000
– Somers Point: Jazz Society program, Sun. 1/26 from 1-4pm, Clancy’s by the Bay 609-927-6969
– Margate: 6th annual Slow Food Dinner, Steve & Cookies, Sun. @ 5pm 609-8223-1163
– Atlantic City: Le Grand Fromage Benefit, Sun. 1/26 beginning @1pm, The Boneyard Atlantic City