Weekend Happenings: Ghosts of Cape May, Sword Swallowing, Freezing For a Reason
The ghosts of Cape May are coming alive and they’re talking to Craig McManus. At least that what Craig says.
People in Cape May say nobody knows Cape May’s ghosts better than psychic medium Craig McManus. Your guide relates his findings on this 30-minute trolley tour through darkened streets and flickering gas lamps. Discover just what the ghosts said to McManus and where they are living…well, sort of.
The Ghosts of Cape May Trolley Tour Begins at the Washington Street Mall Information Booth where tickets are sold. $10 for adults, $7 for children (ages 3-12).
Here’s more fun weekend stuff…
– Boardwalk Hall: Kanye West, Sat. 2/22
– Borgata: comic Ralphie May, Sat. 2/22
– Tropicana: comic Carlos Mencia, sat. 2/22
– Atlantic City: Join Lite Rock 96.9 WFPG Sunday 2/23 at noon for the 2nd annual “Freezing for the Reason” polar bear plunge, benefiting the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
– Atlantic City: “Freeze For a Cause”, Sat. 2/22 10 a.m., a surfing event hosted by The Dean Randazzo Cancer Foundation, Steel Pier, North Carolina Avenue beach, 5 p.m. after-party at Margaritaville
– Sea Isle City : Bishop McHugh “Casino Night” fundraiser, Sat. 2/22 from 6-11pm, Ocean Drive, 609-624-1900, ext. 21.
– Atlantic City : World Sword Swallower’s Day, Sat. 2/22, with members the Sword Swallowers Association International (really!), Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Atlantic City Odditorium, 1441 Boardwalk, free.
– Egg Harbor Township: Bowl-a-thon for Community Quest, an organization devoted to helping those with special needs, King Pin Lanes, Sat.2/22 from 3-9pm
– Ventnor: Ventnor City Public Library, Jersey Shore Knitters’ Club; help make hats, scarves, and mittens for needy children, bring needles and yarn, Sat. 2/22 10a-2p, 609-487-8036
– Atlantic City: Golden Nugget, Sun 2/22@5pm, Presidents Foundation Charity Ball, hosted by American Culinary Federation Professional Chefs Association, $145. 609-703-9912.