Weekend Happenings: Fundraiser for a Friend, A.C. Boat Show & More
Patrick Sheeran, a 2000 graduate of Holy Spirit High School, who suffered a critical brain injury in Florida in November of 2013, came back home to South Jersey this week.
That is very good news, but even better news is now he is starting to speak and stand, and simply the fact that he will survive the awful accident!
This Sunday, Friends of Patrick Sheeran are holding a beef and beef fundraiser from 2-6pm at the Teamsters Local Union Hall, at 1 Philadelphia Avenue in Egg Harbor City.
Everyone is welcome. Many friends, family and former classmates of Patrick’s are expected to attend.
Doctors originally told Patrick’s family he might not survive his injury. Patrick was in a coma until January. Amazingly, he is now on a long road to recovery. But he must go through the process of relearning the most basic body functions from the start! As part of his rehab, Patrick returned to his family’s home in Absecon this week and will continue his therapy here in South Jersey.
The cost of all of this, however, is exurbanite, and Patrick did not have insurance.
Fundraisers like the one on Sunday will allow his old friends and new ones to help in any way they can. You can find out more by going to the Facebook page Patrick’s Song or calling 609-841-8396.
Here are other things to do this weekend in South Jersey…
- Atlantic City Convention Center: Atlantic City Boat Show, Fri-Sun 2/7-2/9
- Borgata: 3 Doors Down (acoustic), Music Box, Fri. 2/7
- Revel: O.A.R., Fri. 2/7
- Boardwalk Hall: Marc Anthony, Sat. 2/8
- Borgata: MMA fighting, Sat. 2/8
- Resorts: The Mahoney Brothers present “Long Live The Beatles”, Sat. 2/8
- Resorts: Impressionist Eric Kearns, Sun. 2/9
- Boardwalk Hall: “Battle of the Boards” benefit ice hockey game features many former NHL players, Sun. 2/9
- Stockton PAC.: G.E. Smith in concert, Sat. 2/8
- Millville: “Grease” the musical, Levoy Theater, Fri-Sun 2/7-2/9
- Hammonton: “Footloose:”, EagleTheatre, Fri-Sat. 2/7-2/8