Weekend Happenings: Fun, Walk & Run on the Mother of all Weekends
Happy Mother’s Day weekend. Let’s hear it for good old mom!
If you haven’t already, make sure the first item on your weekend to-do list is getting a card or a gift for mom.
When my mother died in 1980, I learned a sad, but very real life lesson. You only get one mom and no one will ever love you like your mother.
So, make a fuss over your mom this weekend if you can. Cook her a nice dinner or take her out to a good restaurant. Many South Jersey restaurants have Mother’s Day specials on Sunday brunch. And, don’t forget to tell her how much you love her.
Here’s a look at the South Jersey Weekend Happenings. Enjoy!
- Boardwalk Hall: “Disney Junior Live! Pirate & Princess Adventure”, Fri. 5/9, 4 & 7pm
- Boardwalk Hall: R&B Mother’s Day Music Festival, including Gladys Knight, Bobby Brown & Johnny Gill, Sat. 5/10
- Revel: Alice in Chains, Fri. 5/9
-Borgata:Comic Dave Attell, Fri. 5/9 The Music Box
-Borgata: Jenny McCarty(w/ several female comics),Sat. 5/10, The Music Box
-Tropicana: “Tyler Perry’s Hell Hath No Fury Like a Woman Scorned”, (stage production) Fri. 5/9
-Tropicana: Staind, Sat. 5/10
- Trump Taj Mahal: Craig Ferguson, Sat. 5/10
- House of Blues @ Showboat: Atlantic City All Star Band, benefit show for Brigantine’s Marine Mammal Stranding Center, Fri. 5/9
Other fun stuff to do this weekend…
- Atlantic City: 12th Annual Shirley Mae Run & Michael J. Walk featuring a 5K Run, a 1.5 Mile Walk plus a Kids’ Fun Run, Sat. 5/10, Atlantic City Boardwalk in front of the TROPICANA Casino & Resort. Festivities start at 7:30 AM, opening ceremony starts at 9 AM. Proceeds go to the Shirley Mae Breast Cancer Assistance Fund, the Michael J. Neustadter Pancreatic Cancer Fund and Gilda’s Club South Jersey
Cape May: 31st annual World Series of Birding, Sat. 5/10
- Margate: Citywide yard sale, Sat-Sun.. 5/10-5/11from 8a-5p, 609-822-5438
- Galloway: Yard sale, parking lot of royal suites Healthcare, 214 W. Jimmy Leeds Rd., 609-748-9900
- Mays landing: Mother’s Day breakfast, Masonic Lodge, 82 Mills St., 609-625-8113
- Ventnor: Scleroderma Foundation “Stepping Out to Cure Scleroderma Walk, Sat. 5/10 Ventnor Library
- Margate: Lucy the Elephant Art Exhibit, Sat. 5/10
- Wildwood: Spring Boardwalk Classic Car Car Show, Fri-Sat 5/9-5/10
- Atlantic City: Dante Hall, Neil Simon’s play “The Sunshine Boys”, Fri-Sat. 5/9-5/10
- Galloway: Atlantic Audubon Society Spring Walk, Sat. 5/10 @ 8am, Forsythe Wildlife Refuge, 609-652-1665
- Cape May: Wine Trails Event, Sat. 5/10
- Cape May: Cape May Lighthouse “Full Moon Climb“, Sat. 5/10
- Atlantic City: “Sunday Funday” at the Atlantic City Library, Sun. 5/11