Weekend Happenings: Free Concerts, 4-H Fair, Tall Ship Sailing & More
The Schooner A.J. Meerwald is New Jersey’s official Tall Ship. She is a restored oyster dredging schooner, whose home port is in Commercial Township, New Jersey.
Launched in 1928, A.J. Meerwald was one of hundreds of schooners built along South Jersey’s bayshore before the decline of the shipbuilding industry which coincided with the Great Depression.
The A.J. Meerwald is docked at Gardner’s Basin in Atlantic City through Sunday, August 10th with afternoon and evening sails available. Call 856-785-2060 for tickets and details.
Let’s take a look at the rest of the South Jersey Weekend Happenings…
– Borgata: Smokey Robinson Presents Human Nature, Fri-sun. 8/8- 8/10
– Caesars: Donnie & Marie Osmond thru 8/21
– Golden Nugget: Andrew Dice Clay, Fri. 8/8
– Harrah’s : Straight No Chaser, thru Tuesday 8/12, various times
– Golden Nugget: Bobby Vinton, Sat. 8/9
– House of Blues at Showboat: Josh Turner, Sun. 8/10
– Boardwalk Hall: Special showing of the silent film, Wings, accompanied by live organ music will take place Sun,8/10 at 7:30pm as a kick-off to the Armed Forces Parade on Monday, August 11th and the Atlantic City Airshow on Wednesday, August 13th.
Other fun stuff to do this weekend…
– Egg Harbor City: Atlantic County 4-H Fair, thru Sat. 8/9, David C. Wood 4-H Fairgrounds, Bring your entire family to the barns to visit the variety of farm animals, and drop by the main building with photography, model railroad, robotics, fine arts, and other home arts displays, or stop by to watch the various tractor exhibits. There are rides, food, and vendors at the 4-H Fair, too!
– Mays Landing: Cole Bros Circus of the Stars, thru Sun. 8/10, Atlantic City Race Course
– Somers Point: Summer Concert Series, Fri. 8/8 7-9:30pm, Morrow Beach on Bay Ave, Dan Burke band
– Mays Landing: Mays Landing Country Club‘s 70’s Party, Fri. 8/8
– Egg Harbor Township: Rhythm in the Park Concert Series, Fri. 8/8 7-9pm, Tony Canale Park
– Absecon: Summer Concert, Sun. 8/10 @ 7pm, Heritage park, Mike Crosson & friends, 609-641-0663#103
– EHT/Longport: 39th annual Boys and Girls Surf Fishing Tournament, Sat. 8/9 from 9-noon, beach adjacent to Longport/ O.C. Bridge, 8-16 years old categories, 601-793-1970
– Atlantic City: Boardwalk Music Series, Fri. 8/8
– Sea Isle City: Saturday Night Concerts, Excursion Park Band Shell, Sat. 8/9
– Wildwood Crest: Summer Music Series, Sat. 8/9 @ 7:30pm
– Mays Landing: “Battle on the Runway” Sat. 8/9 from 5-8pm, Miss America, Nina Davuluri meets Jay McCarroll on the Runway for a Back to School Fashion Event featuring the hottest looks for Fall from your favorite Hamilton Mall stores.
– Stone harbor: Festival of Lights Boat Parade, Sat. 8/10 @ 7:30