Weekend Happenings: Fire Truck Santa, Live Nativity, Dennisville House Tours
The final weekend before Christmas features several annual events which are South Jersey traditions during the holidays.
Lite Rock will take part in Saturday’s Egg Harbor City Christmas Parade along Philadelphia Avenue, beginning at 6pm.
The Dennisville House Tour celebrates its 25th anniversary of sharing the beauty of 10 festively decorated homes in the quaint burg of historic Dennisville, Cape May county. The tour includes the 18th and 19th century homes and several public buildings and churches. The Middle Township High choir will perform, plus refreshments, period costumes and more. Very festive, indeed!
Here’s a look at some other fun stuff to do this weekend:
–Harrah’s Atlantic City: Kenny G, Fri. 12/20
– Cape May: Cape May Stage is presenting two seasonal shows; “Jacob Marley’s Christmas Carol” at the Robert Shackleton Playhouse on Lafayette Ave. and “The Santaland Diaries” at Congress Hall, various dates and times through 12/29
-Atlantic City: Winter Sweet 3D, light show, Boardwalk Hall, Sat 12/21 5:30-7:30pm
– Galloway : Assumption Regional Catholic School’s Live Nativity, St Nicholas Church, Sat. 12/ 21 5-8pm
– Somers Point: Fire truck visits from Santa Claus, thru Sat. 12/22, 609-653-6503
– Ocean City: Carriage rides and pictures with Santa, 12/21-22 noon to 3pm, Music Pier
– Linwood: Mainland High School, “A Little Nutcracker”, Fri. 12/20, presented by the New Motion Dance Studio, 609-927-3004