Weekend Happenings: Epiphany Concert, Hoops For All, a Celebration of Bacon
The Christmas season isn’t technically over until the Feast of the Epiphany, and the Epiphany won’t be over until the Cape Shore Chorale’s Epiphany Concert this Sunday, January 11th at 3pm.
The Chorale, now in its 10th season, numbers more than 50 singers from Atlantic and Cape May counties, ranging in age from 19 to 91.
Their concert at Holy Trinity Episcopal Church, 30th & Bay in Ocean City is free, but donations are welcome.
This could be the quietest weekend of the year in South Jersey, but here are a few things you will find fun to do. Enjoy!
– Margate- Hoops For All Basketball League, Join me and Lite Rock 96.9 WFPG this Sunday afternoon 1/11 at 2pm for the first games of the Hoops For All season. Hoops For All is an instructional basketball league for physically and cognitively challenged children, at the Eugene Tighe School, 7804 Amherst Avenue in Margate. Goodwin Gopherit, The South Jersey Field of Dreams mascot, is expected to make an appearance. The league is open to special needs children and young adults between the ages of seven and twenty one. All new and returning players should report that day. For more information or to register contact Marianne Christian at (609) 822-2285 or register here.
– Ocean City: 2nd Annual Winter Fair, Sat. 1/10 from 10:30a-1:30p, Our Lady of Good Counsel Hall, 40th and Center Ave, free, 609-399-2643
– Egg Harbor City: Three Kings Day Celebration, Latino Club at Egg Harbor City, Sat. 1/10 from 5-8p, 609-241-5092
– Millville: Miss N.J. Outstanding Teen Contest, Sat. 1/10 @ 7pm, Millville High School
– Egg Harbor City: Winter Wine Festival, Renault Winery, Sat. 1/10 from noon -4pm,
– Tropicana: Bacon & Beer Week Begins! A 7 Day Salute to Bacon and Beer, celebrated in the restaurants and shoppes of the Quarter and the Tropicana, Sun. 1/11- Sat 1/17