Weekend Happenings: Doo Dah Parade,Egg Hunts, Berenstain Bears Live & More
The parade, billed as a salute to comedy, features a cast of impersonators and parade character regulars, hundreds of basset hounds and a pie smashing tribute to the legendary TV host Soupy Sales.
The parade beings at noon Saturday at 6th and Asbury Avenue and continues to 12th street before going on to the boardwalk and ending at the Music Pier, with this year’s Grand Marshall, Peter Funt from Candid Camera
Hundreds of members of the Tri-State Basset Hound Rescue bring their dogs to Ocean City for the weekend and make up the largest brigade in the parade, known as “The Board Waddle”.
The Basset Hounds also compete in the Boardwalk Basset Olympics, held Friday, April 11th at the Tabernacle at 6th and Asbury Ave in Ocean City beginning at noon.
Easter Egg Hunts: The 10th annual Lite Rock Easter Egg Hunt is next Saturday, April 19th at the South Jersey Field of Dreams in Absecon. Here’s a rundown of this weekend’s egg hunts:
– Brigantine: 16th St Beach, Sat. 4/12 @ 1pm
– Egg Harbor Township:Greentree Church, Sat. 4/12 @ 10:30am, 609-927-3838
– Somers Point: Fusion Church, Sat. 4/12 @ 10am
– Egg Harbor City: Rotary Park, Sat. 4/12 @ 10am
Here’s a look at more fun stuff this weekend in South Jersey…
– Borgata: Frankie Valli, Fri-Sat. 4/11-12, Music Box
– Harrah’s : Jerry Lee Lewis, Sat. 4/12
– Tropicana: The Four Tops, Sat. 4/12
– Revel: Reggaeton singer Don Omar, Sat. 4/12
– Bally’s: Peltz Boxing card, Sat. 4/12
– Dante Hall: The Bay-Atlantic Symphony in concert, Sat. 4/13
Other fun things this weekend…
– Mays Landing: Join Lite Rock 96.9 WFPG for The Berenstain Bears LIVE! In “Family Matters, the Musical”, Sat. 4/12 @ noon, bringing everyone’s favorite bear family to life in a thrilling theatrical experience that kids and their parents will treasure for many years to come. The Walter Edge Theater at Atlantic Cape Community College in Mays Landing.
– Galloway: The Stockton College Disney Association’s “Walking For Wishes”, benefiting the Make-A-Wish Foundation, Sat. 4/13, a variety of kid’s activities, 609-652-4706
– Galloway: Galloway Township Middle School presents Disney’s The Little Mermaid, Fri-Sat. 4/11-12, 609-748-1250
– Atlantic City: The A.C. Aquarium presents “Art at the Aquarium”, Sat 4/12, painting classes for ages 16 & up
– Somers Point: All-U-Cat-Eat-Spaghetti Dinner benefiting the Mainland Choral Society, Sat 4/12 4-7P:30pm, Christ Church on Shore Road, 609-927–0688
– Atlantic City: Science Kits fir kids, A.C. Free Public Library, Tennessee Ave, Sun. 4/13, 609-345-2269
– Mays Landing: Family members, friends, and loved ones of Jamie Ditzel Dangler will be holding a benefit in Jamie’s honor at the Cologne Fire Hall, Sat. 4/12 at the Cologne fire Hall. Jamie has recently been diagnosed with breast cancer, which she has started chemo that will be followed by surgery and then radiation. Jamie is a mother of 3 young children, a loving and caring daughter, wife, sister, and aunt.call 609-674-3353.
– Elmer (Parvin State Park): Join Lite Rock 96.9 and the Cumberland County SPCA for the 20th annual Walk-a-thon for homeless and abused animals at the Parvin State Park on April 13th from 10 am until Noon. Enjoy super prizes for top fundraisers, free food and great music. For an entry form you can visit the Cumberland County SPCA or click here for additional information. Bring the whole family and enjoy the day, dogs that are vaccinated and on a leash are welcome.
– Long Beach Island: St. Francis Community Center will hold a Family Health and Safety Fair, Sat. 4/12 at 9 a.m. The event will take place at the St. Francis Community Center Gym, 4700 Long Beach Blvd., Long Beach Township. Family Health and Safety Fair is an event for the whole family, and will include free health screenings by medical professionals, education, giveaways and more.