Weekend Happenings: Christmas Parades, The Nutcracker & The Running of the Santas
Here comes Santa Claus. There goes Santa Claus. Lots and lots of Santa Clauses. The Running of the Santas happens this Saturday at 7pm outside of the Tropicana Casino.
The Running of the Santas event is a national pub crawl across 25 cities that is a bit of holiday craziness for charity and just for the heck of it!
The Running of the Santas is one of those events you won't soon forget seeing!
Here's a look at some of this weekend's other fun times in South Jersey.
Concerts, shows and appearances:
- House of Blues @ Showboat: Cheech & Chong & War, Fri. 12/13
- Tropicana: Bizarre AC Horror expo, Fri-Sun, 12/13-15
- Caesars: Rita Rudner and Brad Garrett, Sat. 12/14
- Harrahs: Chaka Kahn, Sat. 12/14
- Golden Nugget: Gallagher's Last Smash, Sat. 12/14
Other fun stuff:
Wildwood: The Greater Wildwood Christmas Parade, 12/13 @ 6:30p, 15th & Central in North Wildwood to the Convention Center, 609-729-5501
-Hammonton: Christmas Parade, Sat. 12/14 @ 7pm, 609-567-4329
- Galloway: The Atlantic City Ballet presents "The Nutcracker" at the Stockton PAC for the 27th year, 12/13 @7pm 12/14 @1p & 5p
Cape May: Cape May Stage is presenting two seasonal shows; "Jacob Marley's Christmas Carol" at the Robert Shackleton Playhouse on Lafayette Ave and "The Santaland Diaries" at Congress Hall, various dates and times through 12/29
Margate: Lunch with Santa, presented by the Margate firefighters, 12/14 noon -2pm, Ross School
- Cape May Court House: screening of the film "The Polar Express", 12/13 @ 7:30pm, Middle Twp. PAC, 609-463-1924
- Ocean City: "Lights Camera, Christmas" song and dance tribute, Ocean City Music Pier, Fri-Sun 12/13-15
- Cape May: Candlelight House Tour, Sat.12/14 5:30-8:30pm
- Atlantic City: Winter Sweet 3D, light show, Boardwalk Hall, sat 12/14 5:30-7:30pm
- Ventnor: Live nativity, Fri.12/13 @ 6pm, St. James Church, Ventnor & Portland Ave.
- Ventnor: Breakfast with Santa, Sat. 12/14 8a-noon, Ventnor Educational Community Complex