Weekend Happenings: Christmas Crafts, Whiskey Fest, High School Playoff Football
Bleachers throughout South Jersey will be rocking this weekend! Eight teams from the Cape-Atlantic League will take to the field for the NJSIAA Football Playoffs – six on Friday night and two on Saturday. The playoffs are an exciting time and a wonderful tradition, enjoyed by students, parents, alumni and anyone who likes a good football game on a chilly November day. Our Lite Rock weather guy, Alan Kasper, says temps should actually be at or above the norm for mid-November.
Some of the highlights include Holy Spirit and Hammonton playing at home on Friday and St. Joseph on Saturday. Good luck to your favorite team!
Here’s a look at what else is happening this weekend.
Concerts, shows and appearances:
– Borgata: Franki Valli, Music box, Fri-Sat. 11/15-16
– Revel: Bellator MMA event, Fri. 11/15
– Revel: Pat Benatar & Neil Giraldo, Sat. 11/16
– Harrah’s : Cheap trick, Sat. 11/16
– Resorts: Salsa group El Tran Combo, Sat. 11 16
– Tropicana: Country music trio, Gloriana, Sat. 11/16
Other fun stuff:
Egg Harbor Township: Lite Rock’s Holiday Food Drive, Sat. 11/16 from 11-1p, ShopRite of English Creek
– Atlantic City: “AC Dreamin’” 3-D Light Show, every 30 minutes starting at dark on the facade of Boardwalk Hall, invites visitors to navigate six different magical worlds: a mysterious train station, a luxurious hotel, a crazy theme park, a surreal lighthouse, a dreamy underwater world, and the fantastic Boardwalk at night.
– Atlantic City: The American Craft Whiskey Festival, Golden Nugget Casino, Fri-Sat. 11/15-16, featuring tastings of 100 types of whiskeys
-Ocean City: CHRISTMAS ARTS & CRAFTS FESTIVAL, 11/16-17 10a-5p, features artisans, exhibits, items for sale, Ocean City Music Pier, 800-822-4112.
-Cape May: DICKENS YULETIDE BAZAAR,First Presbyterian Church, Hughes and Decatur Streets, 609-884-6652.
-Galloway: THE NOYES INDEPENDENT FILM SERIES, Sat. 11/16 7 p.m. to 9:30 pm, independent short films, The Noyes Museum of Art, 733 Lily Lake Road, Oceanville 609-652-8848