Weekend Happening: St. Patty’s Day Parades, Boardwalk Run, Aretha Franklin
Saturday should be a fine day to remember the Emerald Isle. St. Patrick’s Day may be Monday, but the celebration begins in earnest this weekend in South Jersey, with parades, parties, and the annual St. Patrick’s Day Boardwalk Run through Downbeach.
Good weather is forecast for Saturday, and Lite Rock will be right in the middle of all the fun, for the run and the parade to follow. We hope to see you Saturday in A C!
Here’s a look at the Weekend Happenings:
– Downbeach: The 36th annual St. Patrick’s Day Boardwalk 10-miler and 5K Run, Saturday 3/15. The run goes through Margate, Ventnor, down the Atlantic City Boardwalk and back again! Join Lite Rock for registration beginning Saturday at 8am at Ventura’s Greenhouse in Margate. The run will benefit the Donny Fund and the South Jersey Field of Dreams.
– Atlantic City: The 29th annual Atlantic City St Patrick’s Day Parade, Sat. 3/15 @ 1pm, A.C. Boardwalk
– North Wildwood: Annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade, Sat. 3/15 @ noon, kicking off at North Wildwood City Hall
– Sea Isle City: 24th annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade, Sat. 3/15 @ 3:30pm
– Linwood: Dr. May Strange’s Wandering Minstrels perform Irish fiddle music , Sat. 3/15 @3:30pm, Linwood Central Methodist Church, free, 609-927-2500
– Revel: Aretha Franklin, Sat. 3/15, Ovation Hall
– Revel: Queensryche, Sat. 3/15, The Social
– Resorts: The Spinners, Sat. 3/15
– Borgata: Tony Orlando, Sat. 3/15
– Caesars: The Moody Blues, Sat.3/15
Other fun stuff……
– Atlantic City: The Maxwell Awards, Revel Casino, Fri. 3/14 @ 5pm, The Maxwell Football Club
– Cape May: The Cape May Police Athletic League 9th annual Comedy Night, Fri. 3/14@8:30pm, Cape May Convention Hall
– Galloway: Absegami High School Drama Club presents Les Miserables, Fri-Sun 3/14-16
– Hammonton: The Eagle Theatre presents “Next to Normal”, Fri-Sat-3/14-15
– Ventnor: The Atlantic County Library in Ventnor hosts “Adventures in Libraryland” , kids 6 & older, Sat.3/15 @ 2pm, 609-823-4614