Tips On How To Avoid A Frozen Pipe Disaster
It doesn't look like it's going to warm up anytime soon. Another artic blast of frigid air will put South Jersey in a deep freeze by the end of the week.
Here are some helpful tips to help you avoid the inconvenience and often costly issue of frozen pipes. According to the Red Cross:
- Make sure the garage doors stay closed if your water supply line is located in the garage.
- Let cold water drip out of your faucet during bitter cold weather. It helps prevent your pipes from freezing.
- Keep kitchen and bathroom cabinets open to let the heat circulate around pipes. Make sure you remove cleaners and chemicals. Keep them away from kids and pets.
- Keep the heat the same temperature day and night during the really cold spells.
- If you're going away during cold weather, leave the heat on in your home. Set you thermostat to no lower than 55° F.