Third Natural Gas Explosion in Ocean County
A Seaside Heights woman is lucky to be alive after Ocean County's third natural gas explosion in just three weeks.
It happened at a Sumner Avenue apartment building Saturday morning. Investigators believe a gas main left open by a worker doing maintenance on the first floor may have led to the blast.
The 26-year-old renter who was upstairs at the time was taken to the hospital with minor injuries. The building is likely to be declared unsafe for habitation.
This marks the third natural gas explosion at an Ocean County residence since one in Stafford Township injured more than a dozen people in late February. A man in Point Pleasant Beach suffered serious burns in a blast on March 2, 2015.