These South Jersey Retail Stores Could Be Next to Close
The company which owns the Ann Taylor, Dress Barn, Loft, Lane Bryant, Justice, Maurices and Catherines stores plans to close between 250 and 650 locations over the next two years.
Ascena Retail Group CEO David Jaffe made the announcement last week, but he didn't specify how many store closures will affect each brand, according to NJ.com.
Jaffe said 250 locations will definitely close down, and another 400 will close their doors unless the company can negotiate lower rents at those locations. Ascena is facing a "persistent traffic decline" that many other bricks and mortar retailers have dealt with recently.
Although no no specific store locations were mentioned for possible closure, several of the company's stores have locations in South Jersey.
- Dress Barn has stores at Atlantic city's Tanger Outlets and in Mays Landing.
- Layne Bryant has locations in Mays Landing, Tanger outlets Atlantic City and Millville.
- Justice Stores are in Mays Landing, Toms River, Marlton, Deptford and Sicklersville
- Catherines locations include Mays landing and Deptford
- Loft stores are in Marlton, Deptford and Sicklersville