The Queen of Soul, Wine Fest, Oktoberfest : Columbus Day Weekend Happenings
Even if you're not lucky to be getting a long weekend out of this Columbus Day (the whining line begins behind me), you can still jam lots of fun into this weekend around South Jersey.
My featured attraction is the one and only Queen of Soul, Aretha Franklin, who headlines Saturday at the Trump Taj Mahal. Aretha will... belt out songs from her 50- year career while backed by a 22-piece band.
Quite simply, this woman is living history and this show is not to be missed. At 70, Aretha is planning a new album and is working with the producers of a film biopic of her life story.
Here are more highlights from a busy weekend in South Jersey...
At the Casinos....
- Frankie Valli & the Four Seasons - Borgata, Fri-Sat 10/5-6
- Ian Anderson(Jethro Tull) - Caesars, Sat 10/6
- Craig Ferguson- Tropicana, Fri. 10/5
- Marco Ricciotti- tribute to the Italian Tenors - Golden Nugget, Fri-Sun 10/5-7
- "The Price is Right" hosted by Jerry Springer - Harrah's, Fri-Sun 10/5-7
Other Cool Stuff includes...
- Cape May Wine Festival- Cape May-Lewis Ferry Terminal, Sat & sun 10/6-7
- A.C. Music Festival -Dante Hall, Fri-Sun 10/5-7
- Sea Isle City's Italian Festival & Parade, Sat 10/6
- Wildwood Seafood & Music Fest, Sat 10/6 11-7p
- Hydrofest Powerboat Races - Wildwood Crest's Sunset Lake, sat-sun 10/6-7
- Galloway's Oktoberfest, Historic smithville 10/6-7 from 10-5p
-Ocean City Fall Block Party- Sat 10/6 from 10-5 on Asbury Avenue
- Lima Bean festival- West Cape May, sat 10/6 9-5p
- Latino Heritage festival & Parade - Egg Harbor City, Sat 10/6