The Cleanest Beaches in the Country Are in Cape May
A big congratulations to five beaches in Cape May for being named some of the cleanest beaches in America according to the Natural Resources Defense Council.
The five beaches "superstar' beaches for consistently meeting national water quality benchmarks are beaches in Avalon, Stone Harbor, Sea Isle City, Strathmere, and Wildwood Crest. These five beaches consistently meet national water quality benchmarks set by the federal Environmental Protection Agency.
Water was analyzed and tested from almost 3,500 beaches nation wide. New Jersey had more "superstar" beaches than any other state.
More beaches reconized in the state by theNatural Resources Defense Council for water quality include:
* Sea Isle City at 40th Street, Cape May County
* Avalon at 40th Street, Cape May County
* Stone Harbor at 96th Street, Cape May County
* Strathmere in Upper Township at Webster Road, Cape May County
* Wildwood Crest at Orchid, Cape May County
* Margate at Washington, Atlantic County