Stop What You’re Doing — Someone Created A Pork Roll Pie Recipe!
So Thanksgiving -- the holiday filled with pumpkin and squash -- has passed and now it is the time to switch gears COMPLETELY.
I actually stumbled upon an interesting recipe that might stand out at the multiple holiday parties you have on your calendar scheduled this month.
So take a look at the ultimate New Jersey themed dessert and it is known as the one, the only -- Pork Roll Pie
We can all thank Jake Hunt from Windy Brow Farm for creating this masterpiece. Now, let's dive in.
Just a heads up -- the recipe listed below makes two pies but who says that is a bad thing?
Premade pie crust/ Short bread pie crust
8 Tbsp. of Butter
2 Cups of Pecans
1/2 Cup of Chopped Figs
2 Cups of Caramelized Chopped Taylor Ham
1 Cup Dark Brown Sugar
1 Cup Corn Syrup
1 Tsp. of Vanilla
1 Tsp. of Salt
1. Start by molding your pie crust into a pie pan so it is ready for the filling
2. Melt the butter over medium heat
3. Add the brown sugar and corn syrup
4. Whisk the eggs and then slowly pour the butter mixture into the eggs while you continue whisking.
5. Once the mixture is completely combined, add the pecans, figs, and pork roll.
6. Add the vanilla and the salt.
7. Pour the pie filling into the crust and garnish with a ring of pecans.
8. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.
9. Cut and serve while warm or at room temperature.
Looking to kick it up a notch? Serve with a scoop of French Toast ice cream.
If you give this recipe a try, PLEASE let us know because I am dying to see how it turns out.
Take a look at the video made by NJ.com for ingredients and directions of how to make the Pork Roll Pie.
More From Lite Rock: