Safe Trick or Treating, Zombie Walk, Halloween Parties – Weekend Happenings
Bring your ghouls and goblins to Lite Rock’s Safe Trick or Treating from 11a-1p Sunday, October 30 at Birch Grove Park in Northfield.
Over the many years we’ve held this event, we have turned the Halloween experience into a well-oiled machine. A really fun, well-oiled machine!
You and the family are invited to come enjoy the season and participate or just watch the many fun things we have in store.
Lite Rock’s Safe trick or treating includes a costume contest, hayrides, pumpkin picking, a Monster Mash” dance-a-thon and lots of candy. Don’t miss a special appearance by family fun magician, Stretch, the Silly Man!
We will also take full advantage of all the kid-friendly things at Birch Grove Park, including their great playground.
Lite Rock’s Safe Trick or Treating is powered by ShopRite, Miller’s Haunted Hayride in Hammonton and Petrosh’s Big Top Tent Rental.
Here are the South Jersey Weekend Happenings…
– Brown’s Park: 2nd annual #Hashtag Lunch Bag, community service collection of socks, food, water and gift cards for the homeless, 11a Fri.10/28, 609-287-4235
– Borgata: Anderson, Rabin & Wakeman, Evening of Yes, Fri. 10/28
– Harrah’s: The Monkees, Fri. 10/28
– Caesars: Penn & Teller, Sat. 10/29
– Borgata: Cage Fury Fighting Championships, Sat. 10/29
– Caesars/Bally’s:: Trick or Treat Bar Crawl, 7-11p Sat. 10/29
– Golden Nugget: Ozzy Osbourne tribute, Fri. 1-/28
– Borgata: Drag Show Halloween Party, Sat. 10.29, Music Box
– Resorts: Halloween drinks, Bar One, Fri-Sat. 1028-29
– Tropicana: The Quarter, Halloween fun, Sat. 10/29
– Absecon Lighthouse: Haunted Lighthouse Tours, 5-9p Sat. 10/29
– Caesars: The Atlantic City Ballet presents Dracula, 4p Sun.10/30
Other fun things to do this weekend
– Somers Point: Halloween Movie in the Park, Hotel Transylvania, 6p Fri. 10/28, J.F. Kennedy Park
– Cape May: Halloween Movie, 9p Fri. 10/28, Rotary Park, 400 Lafayette Ave, Hocus Pocus, 609-844-9565
Mays Landing: Bark-O-Ween Dog Parade: St. Vincent de Paul School, 10a-noon Sat. 10/29
– Pleasantville: Halloween Parade, 5:30p Fri. 10/28, Rec. Center, 609-484-3608
– Egg Harbor Township: Community Pride Day, community clean-up day, 8:30a. Sat. 10/29, Community Center, 5045 English Creek Road, 609-926-3838
– Wildwood: Halloween Parade and fun Fair, 6:15p Fri.10/28
– Ocean City: Ghost Tours, 8-9:30p. Sat.10/29, candlelight walking tour, 9th & Asbury Ave.
– Cape May: Ghosts of Cape May Trolley, Fri-Sun 10/28-30
– Cape May: Phantoms of Physick Estate, Fri-Sat. 10/28-29
– Smithville: Zombie Walk, 11am-6p, Sat. 10/29
– Galloway: 35th annual Indian Summer Band Competition, Absegami High school, 5p. Sat. 10/29, 609-442-4185
– Villas: Lower Township Family Halloween Spooktacular, Recreational Center, 6-9p. Sat. 10/29, 609-522-5960
– Mays Landing: PPAWS Pet & Pooch Parade (People & Puppies at Work for Sight, Seeing Eye Puppy Raisers of Atlantic and Cape May County), 2p Sun 10/ 30, PetSmart, Consumer Square Shopping Center, registration starts at 1:00p
– Ocean City: Dog of the Decade, 6th St. Recreation Building, 11;30a. Sun. 10/30, benefits Humane Society of Ocean City
– Smithville: Witches Day, Sun. 10/30
This is the final weekend of spooky/ hayride season! If you are looking to get your freight on this weekend or take the kids out on a hayride, South Jersey has a ghoulish assortment of really scary or just family-friendly attractions. Here are six of our seasonal favorites…
1- Birch Grove Park Hayride
This family friendly attraction is on Burton Avenue in Northfield at Birch Grove Park. The hayride runs through the month of October (specific dates can be found through the link above) and costs $5.
2- Buterhof’s Shady Brook Farm
Bring the whole family out to Buterhof’s Shady Brook Farm for a corn maze! Located in Egg Harbor City, the corn maze runs through October 31st.
3- Miller’s Haunted Hayride
If you want to be scared, this is the haunted attraction for you! Located in Winslow Township, Miller’s is sure to scare the pants right off of you!
4-Sahl’s Father Son Farm
Located in Galloway, Sahl’s Farm has a corn maze, a pumpkin patch and a hayride! Family friendly, too!
5- Scullville Terror in the Junkyard
The Scullville Terror in the Junkyard Hayride and Maze is not for the faint of heart! If you want to shoot zombies, this is the haunted attraction for you!
6 – Cornfield Of Terror
R & J Farm, Egg Harbor City, Fri-Sun. 10/21-23