Revel Greets Journey (With Open Arms), Weekend Happenings
Journey’s first visit to the new Revel Casino and Resort tops a busy August weekend in South Jersey. The 1980 ‘s rockers , now featuring Arnel Pineda, one-time Journey tribute band singer, in place of Steve Perry, remain… a top draw on the summer concert circuit after 35 years on the road. The band make their Revel debut Saturday night in the 5,500 seat Ovation Amphitheater.
Here is a run-down of the rest of this weekend’s music and entertainment offerings in Atlantic City and through out South Jersey. Enjoy!
Friday August 10th:
- Il Divo – Borgata Event Center
- Mike Birbiglia – Comic – Borgata Music Box
- Egg Harbor Township’s Rhythm in the Park series – a free concert in Tony Canale Park @ 7p.m. with Alligator Zydeco band
- Somers Point – Free concert with Billy Walton Band, 7p.m. @ William Morrow Municipal Beach
- Atlantic City – Free Movie Under the Stars, Bartram Place & the Boardwalk
-Ocean City – South Jersey Lifeguard Championships, 6:30p.m. @ 34th St. Beach
Saturday August 11th, 2012
- Journey – Revel Casino @ 9 p.m.
- Jay Leno – Borgata Events Center
- The Dan Band – Comedy/music- Borgata Music box
- Tony Danza – Resorts
- The Battle at Bally’s – Kickboxing – Bally’s Ballroom
- Carlos Mencia – Comic – Tropicana Casino
- Bill Engvall – Comic – Trump Taj Mahal
- Avalon – The Jazz Lobsters – big band jazz- Community Hall
- Wildwood Crest – Summer Concert Series with an Elton John Tribute band – Centennial Park
- Egg Harbor City – Fireworks @ 9:30p.m. at City Lake Park
- Egg Harbor Township – Movies Under the Stars@ Canale Park with “Dolphin Tale”
Sunday August 12th, 2012
-Daughtry – Borgata Events Center