Ocean City Girls Weekend, Garden State Film Fest, Comic Con – Weekend Happenings
Happy April, from the world’s biggest April fool!
The month of April gets off to a busy start, as you’ll see in the Lite Rock South Jersey Weekend Happenings.
Here is a special event we would like you to consider. This Saturday is Bubbles 4 Autism Day 2017, started in 2004 by a Ventnor mom whose 4-year-old son Kyle had autism. Now, Kyle is 18 and Bubbles 4 Autism is recognized all over the world.
Join Lite Rock 96.9 WFPG from 10a-2p this Saturday at the Egg Harbor Township’s Autism Safety Day, at the EHT Community Center, 5045 English Creek Road. Kid-friendly fun includes police and fire trucks to explore, carnival games, Magician Chad Juros and the bubble blowing event at 1pm.
Here are the South Jersey Weekend Happenings, brought to you by Jersey Family Fun…
Various locations: 15th annual Garden State Film Festival, thru Sun. 4/2, The festival includes filmmakers, celebrity parties, workshops and 214 independent films from 25 countries
– Boardwalk Hall: Charlie Wilson and R&B bill, Fri. 3/31
– Hard Rock Cafe: :Live music from Cheezy & the Crackers, Fri. 3/31
– Caesars: Gear Pro Circuit Atlantic City Open gaming tournament, 50 teams competing for $200K in prize money, Fri-Sun 3/31- 4/2
– Borgata: Zucchero, Italian singer, Fri. 3/31 The Music Box
– Borgata: Comic Brian Regan, Sat. 4/1
– Caesars: Dusk Nightclub presents the stripping debut of former reality show dad John Gosselin, with “Men Untamed” Sat. 4/1
– Golden Nugget: “Flashback Friday” features a Foreigner tribute band, Fri. 3/31
– Golden Nugget: The Pretenders, sat. 4/1
– Convention Center: A.C. Beer and Music Fest: Fri-Sat. 3/31-4/1
Other fun stuff to do this weekend
– Ocean City Ocean City High School presents the musical “Bye, Bye Birdie”, Fri-Sat. 3/31-41, 609-399-1290 # 1442
– Ventnor: The Package Goods Orchestra, Ventnor Coffee, 108. N. Dorset Ave, Fri. 3/31
– Tuckerton: The Nick Moss Blues Band, The Lillie Rose Music Room, Fri- 3/31
– Ocean City: Girls Weekend, Sat-Sun 4/1-42, with shopping discounts, dining deals and lots of fun, classes and demonstrations for the ladies
– Ocean City: Comic Con. Music Pier, Sat-Sun 4/1-2, comic book and memorabilia show, with a special appearance by Billy Dee Williams
– Galloway: Autism Awareness Dinner, Sat. 4/1 JD’s Pub, 609-457-5007
Here’s even more stuff to do this weekend, brought to you by Jersey Family Fun