O.C. Quiet Festival, A.C. Rodeo, Cape May Jazz – Weekend Happenings
This weekend's most interesting options are as diverse as jazz and the rodeo; as cleaning up the bay and playing chess; as the return of rockers Skid Row and the Quiet Festival. That's diversity! You will see details about all and more featured here.
Let me also suggest helping with Lite Rock's Holiday Food Drive this Saturday from 10a-noon at The English Creek ShopRite.
When you donate this Saturday, you can enter to win dinner and tickets to see Trans-Siberian Orchestra live at the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia on Saturday, Dec.17.
The Holiday Food drive benefits the Community Food Bank of New Jersey Southern Branch in Egg Harbor Township.
It is that time again! Won’t you please help us with the Lite Rock Holiday Food Drive?
Meet up with Gary Guida Saturday and make a food donation to help with our good cause.
Here are the South Jersey Weekend Happenings...
Veterans Day events
- Atlantic City: ceremony Fri/ 11/11 at O'Donnell Park in Atlantic City at 11 a.m.
- Galloway:ceremony @11am Fri. 11/11 at the Municipal Complex, speakers, music and lunch, 609-652-8657.
Stockton/Galloway: Stockton University will host a series of events, @11am Fri. 11/11, Campus Center
- Sea Isle: ceremony, @ 11am Fri. 11/11, Veterans Park, 609-263-4461#1245
- Egg Harbor Township: Veterans Museum Donation Day, Sat. 11/12, Atlantic Count Veterans museum, 609-813-2002
- Pleasantville: program, @ 10:30am Fri. 11/11, Veterans Memorial Park, 333 S. Franklin Blvd.
- Somers Point: service, @ 11am Fri. 11/11 Patriot Park, 609-412-7769
- Lower Township: Veterans Day at Lookout Tower, noon -3pm Fri. 11/11, 609-884-5404
- Dennis township: Veterans Day open house, Bellplain VFW Post, 11a-2p Fri. 11/11609-861-2298
- Longport: Ceremony 11am Fri. 11/11 Reed park, near foot of Longport Bridge
- Cape May: ceremony @ 11am Fri. 11/11, All Wars Monument, Columbia Ave, 609-884-9565
- Ocean City:program @ 11am Fri. 11/11, Ocean City Tabernacle, 550 Wesley Ave., 609-399-6111
- Egg Harbor City: Veterans Day Parade, 6:30p Fri. 11/11, Philadelphia Ave, 609-965-1195
- Stockton PAC, Galloway: Bay Atlantic Symphony's free Veterans Day Concert, 7pm Fri. 11/11
- Boardwalk Hall: 39th Annual American Finals Rodeo, Fri-Sat. 11/11-12
- Borgata:Comic Vic Dibitetto, Fri. 11/11, Music Box
- Tropicana: The Band Perry, Sat. 11/12
- Harrah's: Skid Row, Sat. 11/12
- Caesars: Toni Braxton, Sat. 11/12
- Golden Nugget: Frankie Avalon, Fabian, Bobby Rydell, Sat. 11/12
- Resorts: The Temptations featuring Dennis Edwards, Sat. 11/12
- Noyes Arts Garage: New Jersey State Teen Arts Festival Tour: An exhibit of the best of the statewide art competition, including the winning self-portrait by Egg harbor Township High School student Joanna Hoang, Sat. 11/12-11/27
Other fun stuff to do this weekend
- Cape May: Exit 0 Jazz Festival 2016, featuring Wynton Marsalis and Squirrel Nut Zippers, Fri-Sun. 11/11-13, various times and locations
- Ocean City: Quiet Festival 2016, a celebration of all things quiet, including a yawn along, paper airplanes, bubbles, kites and a wind chime band, Sat. 11/12, Mark Soifer Park and Howard Staiton Senior Center
- Somers Point: Restaurant Week, thru Sun. 11/13, various locations
- Ocean City: Christmas Crafts & Fine Arts Festival, Sat-Sun. 11/12-13, City sports & Civic center, 6th & Boardwalk, 609-365-2239
- Tuckerton: Holly Jolly Christmas Fair, 9a-2p Sat. 11/12, Church of Holy Spirit, 220 E. Main St., 609-296-2593
- Mays Landing: Checkmate: The Chess experience, Atlantic County Library, 2-4:40p. Sat. 11/12, 609-625-2776
- Ventnor: Surfrider Foundation South Jersey Chapter's Ventnor Bayfront cleanup, 11a-2p Sun 11/13