O.C. Block Party, Renaissance Faire, Five Fun Derby Parties – Weekend Happenings
Come join me and Lite Rock 96.9 WFPG Sunday on the Atlantic City Boardwalk for the New Jersey AIDS Walk.
The Walk starts at the Hard Rock Cafe, Pennsylvania Avenue. Registration is from 11:30am to 1pm. The Walk starts at 1pm.
See more details and sign up to walk or donate to the South Jersey AIDS Alliance.
There will be a photo booth, music, information booths, fun prizes for the teams and individuals who raised the most money and grab bags and T-shirts for those who donate.
Even with the advances we’ve made fighting the virus over the years, America is still facing a major ongoing HIV epidemic, with around 50,000 new infections per year.
New Jersey ranks among the top ten states with the highest rate of HIV infection in the country.
There are currently around 1.1 million people living with HIV in the United States with 16 percent unaware of their infection. Since the beginning of the HIV and AIDS epidemic, 600,000 people have died of AIDS-related illnesses in America.
Here are Lite Rock’s South Jersey Weekend Happenings, brought to you by Jersey Family Fun
– Golden Nugget: Flashback Fridays features a Bruce Springsteen tribute band, Fri. 5/5
– Hard Rock Cafe: Grateful Dead tribute band, Steal Your Face, Fri. 5/5
– Borgata: AC2Live: An intimate Evening With Anderson Cooper and Andy Cohen Sat. 5/6, sold out
– Harrah’s: The Cult, Sat. 5/6
– Tropicana: Mark Diomede’s Alligator, Fri. 5/5
Other fun stuff to do this Weekend in South Jersey
– Cape May Point: The New Jersey Audubon Society’s 34th annual World Series of Birding, Sat. 5/6, teams count as many different bird as they can in a 24-hour period, with the awards ceremony at 10a Sunday 5/7 at Wildwood Naval Air Station
– Ocean City: Spring Block Party, crafts, food, live music, rain or shine, 9a-5p Sat. 5/6
– Smithville: Renaissance Faire, 10a-6p Sat-Sun. 5/6-7
– Cape May: Coast Guard Festival, 10a-5p Sat-Sun 5/6-7, Training center, 1 Munro Avenue
– Stone Harbor: Spring Tide Festival, 11a-5p Sat. 5/6, 96th St.
– Millville: Food Truck Fest at Motorsports Park, 11a-6p Sat. 5/6
– Millville: ECO Fair at Wheaton Arts, 10a-5p, Sat. 5/6
– Vineland: The Bay-Atlantic Symphony season finale, Sat-Sun 5/7-8, Landis Theater
– Linwood: Farmer’s Market, Sat. 5/6, Central Square
– Mays Landing: 5K for Hunger, Girl Scouts 5K Run, Estell Manor Park, 9a Sat. 5/6
Five Fun Kentucky Derby Parties
– Somers Point: Tavern on the Bay hosts the CONTACT Cape -Atlantic Kentucky’s Derby Party, 4pm Sat. 5/6
– Atlantic City: Harry’s Oyster Bar at Bally’s, 4p Sat. 5/6
– Cape May: The Ebbitt Room’s annual Derby Party, 4p Sat. 5/6
– Sea Isle City: Kix McNutley’s Lounge, The Mint Julep Party, noon-8p, 63rd Street, Sat. 5/6
– Atlantic City: The Tropicana’s Derby Party and Hat Contest, Sat. 5/6
Here are even more things to do this weekend, brought to you by Jersey Family Fun