Mother’s Day, Second Chance Prom, Jon Dorenbos’ Magic Show – Weekend Happenings
Happy Mother’s Day to all of the moms in South Jersey!
We love you, Mom, and we want you to know how much you mean to us. For starters, we wouldn’t be here without you. And then there’s all the rest of the stuff you do for us. Anyway, you are the best! Enjoy your day.
I tried to mix in as many indoor activities as could be found, especially for Saturday, which is supposed to be a wash out. It’s a pity, though, because there are so many fun outside happenings planned for this weekend. We have included the outside stuff here also, just in case we should end up with a half-decent day.
Here are the South Jersey Weekend Happenings., brought to you by Jersey Family Fun
– Boardwalk Hall: Stockton University Graduation, Fri. 5/12
– Noyes Arts Garage: Second Friday Opening Reception, 2-4p Fri. 5/12
– Harrah’s The Tenors, Fri. 5/12
– Golden Nugget : Flashback Friday presents a David Bowie tribute band, Fri 5/11
– Boardwalk: The 15th annual Shirley Mae Run and Michael J. Walk, 9:10a, Sat. 5/13
– Boardwalk Hall: Mother’s Day Music Festival, with Frankie Beverly and Gladys Knight, Sat. 5/13
– Golden Nugget: John Tesh, Sat. 5/13
– Resorts: Klink, Wine Tasting, 3p Sat. 5/13
– Absecon Lighthouse: Mother’s Day Lighthouse climbs, 10a-4p Sun. 5/14
– Tropicana: Stephanie Mills, Sun. 5/14
Other fun stuff to do this weekend
– Egg Harbor City: Lite Rock’s Second Chance Prom: A Masquerade Ball, benefits the South Jersey Field of Dreams, Fri. 5/12, Steve Moore and the MIA Band, Renault Winery
– Mays Landing: The No Pipelines Through the Pine Barrens Music festival, 8:30p Fri. 5/12, The Watering Hole Cafe, C. Lynne Smith performing
– Wildwood: Boardwalk Classic Car Show, Fri-Sun 5/12-14
– Somers Point: Light of Hope Yoga Fundraiser, 6p. Fri. 5/12, Greate Bay Racquet and Fitness
– Ocean City: Martin Z. Mollusk Day, 11a Sat. 5/13, Music Pier
– Ocean City: Philadelphia Eagles long snapper and America’s Got Talent star Jon Dorenbos’ Magic Show, 7:30p Sat. 5/13
– Smithville: Children’s Festival, 10a-4p Sat. 5/13
– Sea Isle City: City Yard Sale, 7qa-1p Sat. 5/13
– Cape May: The Beach Shack’s 6th annual Clam-A-Rama, 10a Sat. 5/13
– Stone Harbor: The Garden Club’s annual Plant and Bake Sale, 8a-2p Sat. 5/13, Stone Harbor Water Works, 3rd Ave.
– Wildwood: Morey’s Piers Mother’s Day Celebration, 11a-5p. Sun 5/14
Here’s more stuff to do this weekend, brought to you by Jersey Family Fun