Light Up New Jersey
Tuesday, October 29th at 6 p.m.
- Raritan Bay Waterfront Park – 1 Kennan Way South Amboy (NJ 101.5 with Raritan Bay Federal Credit Union)
- Keansburg- Keansburg 9/11 Memorial at Main Street and Beachway (NJ 101.5)
- Asbury Park Boardwalk – On Boardwalk in front of Langosta Lounge (NJ 101.5 with CentraState and First Atlantic Federal Credit Union)
- Jenkinson’s in Point Pleasant – 300 Ocean Ave. Point Pleasant Beach (94.3 The Point with United Teletech Financial and Zarrilli Homes)
- Bradley Beach 900 Ocean Ave. (94.3 The Point)
- Seaside Heights 800 Ocean Terrace (105.7 The Hawk with NJ Outboards and Walters Homes plus lighting by Jersey State Sky Beams)
- Chef Mike’s ABG in Seaside Park/Island Beach Motor Lodge – 24th and Central Ave in South Seaside Park (92.7 WOBM with Chef Mike’s ABG, Jersey Shore Crawlspace Enhancement, Classic Kitchens, Island Beach Mortor Lodge, Marine Max and DelPrete Construction)
- Mud City Crabhouse in Long Beach Island/Manahawkin 1185 East Bay Ave. (105.7 The Hawk with Modular Factory Homes Direct)
- Lucy the Elephant in Margate 9200 Atlantic Ave. (Lite Rock 96.9)
- Ocean City Music Pier Moorlyn Terrace (Cat Country 107.3 with South Jersey Gas)
- Trump Plaza in Atlantic City 2500 Boardwalk (97.3 ESPN / WPG 1450 with Atlantic City Electric and Xfinity)
- Laguna Grill & Rum Bar in Brigantine 1400 Ocean Ave. Brigantine (SoJO 104.9 with Prudential Fox & Roach Real Estate , the “ LePera Team”)
Pre-registration for the event is now closed, but please grab your flashlights and join us for an evening of remembrance.
If you can’t make it to one of our main locations, two “pop up” locations on the beach in Manasquan and at Crystal Point Yacht Club in Point Pleasant will also be holding Light Up New Jersey ceremonies.
Last year at this moment we were in the dark … Now, one year later, we’re in the light.
On Tuesday, October 29th we will stand together as we remember what happened and look towards the future. We will continue to recover … and prove to the world that we’re stronger than the storm.
On August 28th, during our monthly program with Governor Christie, “Ask the Governor,” Townsquare Media’s Eric Scott announced our state-wide initiative to commemorate the anniversary of Superstorm Sandy, called “Light Up New Jersey.” You can watch the announcement in the video below.
Join us on Tuesday October 29th at designated Shore points up and down the Jersey Coast.
We’re asking listeners to join us beginning at 6pm. Those that have pre-registered will receive a free “Light Up New Jersey” flashlight. Walk-ups may also register on site and bring their own flashlight or buy one for a nominal fee with all dollars collected going to local first responders (facilitated through the 501c3 charity Hometown Heroes). T-shirts will also be sold with proceeds to first responders.
Then, at 6:30 pm all Townsquare New Jersey stations will play the new “Stronger than the Storm” jingle as we all shine our flashlights in a Moment of Light to recognize the occasion. We’ll play the song on site at all locations and people can also listen on Radio Pup.
Watch this message from Light Up New Jersey sponsor East Coast Roofing:
Watch this message from Light Up New Jersey sponsor United Teletech Financial:
Watch this message from Light Up New Jersey sponsor Zarrilli Homes:
Watch this message from Light Up New Jersey sponsor Comcast Xfinity:
Watch this message from Light Up New Jersey sponsor First Atlantic Federal Credit Union: