South Jersey Weekend Happenings
I can always tell when Keith Urban is in town…my wife gets a little distracted. Mr. Urban seems to have a way with the ladies, including his own very famous lady, actress Nicole Kidman. So it’s safe to say he’ll be raising blood pressures Saturday… night in the Borgata Events Center.
Urban, who was inducted in to the Grand Ole Opry earlier this year, is Australia’s best known county music star, but did you realize he was actually born in New Zealand. You can use that as a little conversation starter if you run into Keith playing slots at Borgata.
Here is a run-down of the rest of this weekend’s music and entertainment offerings in Atlantic City and through out South Jersey. Enjoy!
Friday August 24th:
– Stone Temple Pilots – Revel Casino, Ovation Hall
– k.d.Lang – Borgata
– Jabbawockeez (dance troupe)- Harrah’s (select dates thru Sept. 2nd)
– Atlantic City – Free Movie Under the Stars, Bartram Place & the Boardwalk
– Art in the Park -Ventnor library 3-8p.m.
– Somers Point – Free concert with Billy Walton Band, 7p.m. @ William Morrow Municipal Beach
-Egg Harbor Township’s Rhythm in the Park series – a free concert in Tony Canale Park @ 7pm Beatles tribute band
– Galloway Car cruise – 5-8pm. Village Green in Smithville
Saturday August 25th:
– Keith Urban – Borgata
– Duran Duran -Revel Casino
-Al Green – Trump Taj Mahal
– Artie Lange- (Comic) Borgata Music Box
– Xanadu- Performances on the musical at 2 & 7:30pm at the Music Pier
– 1912- dinner theater performances of the drama at Cold Spring Village 9pm
– Frank Sinatra Tribute – Hammonton – Eagles Theater 8pm
– Atlantic City Ballet free performance at Kennedy Plaza, A.C. Boardwalk 6pm
– Chatterband- Wildwood Crest Concert series, Centennial Park 7:30pm
Sunday August 26th:
– Kathy Griffin (comic) – Borgata