Jimmy Buffett, Chicago & Doobies Lead a Jam-Packed Weekend of Live Music – Here’s the Rundown
"Can't you feel 'em circlin', honey, Can't you feel 'em swimmin' around?" Here come the Parrotheads! Jimmy Buffett & the Coral Reefer band make their annual appearance in Atlantic City ...this weekend and that gets my top billing, but not without some top-notch competition! Your choices for live music are plentiful in South Jersey, for sure. But, for sheer spectacle, Jimmy's dedicated, and somewhat crazed fans is hard to beat!
Here's a listing of this weekend's best bests, in the casinos and elsewhere. Enjoy!
Friday August 3rd:
- Donny & Marie Osmond bring their award-winning Vegas show at the Caesars Circus Maximus Showroom through Sunday(Listen to my interview with Donny Osmond in a separate blog)
- Huey Lewis and the News and Joe Cocker - Tropicana
- The Gipsy kings - Revel
-Evanescence - House of Blues
- Atlantic City Free Boardwalk Music Series- Gina Roche performs at Bartram Ave @ 7p.m.
- Egg Harbor Township Rhythm in the park Free Concert Series at Tony Canale Park. the Hamilton Township Community Band performs
- Somers Point Beach Concert Series - Free concert @ 7p.m. with Scott Kirby
Saturday August 4th:
- Jimmy Buffett & the Coral Reefer Band at Boardwalk Hall
- Chicago and the Doobie Brothers - Borgata
- Wildwood Crest Summer Concert Series- 7:30p.m. in Centennial Park with a Billy Joel tribute band
Sunday August 5th:
- Dukes of September- Borgata- featuring Donald Fagen of Steely Dan, Michael McDonald and Boz Scaggs
- Ocean City Music Pier - The Ocean City Pops with an evening of Mozart @ 8p.m.