Contact Us

Girl’s iPhone Catches Fire in Her Pants

Flickr.com

A 13-year-old girl in Maine suffered first and second-degree burns after her iPhone caught fire while in her pants pocket.

The girl knew something was wrong when she sat down and heard a popping noise. Smoke started to come out of her back pocket.

The Banger Daily News is reporting that if it weren’t for the girl’s quick reaction to “stop, drop and roll” and quickly remove her pants, her injuries might have been much more serious.

Firefighters believe the fire started when the battery shorted out. They warned people not to put their phones in back pockets so they don’t get crushed and cause an electrical short.

More from Lite Rock 96.9

Best of the Web

Leave a Comment

It appears that you already have an account created within our VIP network of sites on . To keep your points and personal information safe, we need to verify that it's really you. To activate your account, please confirm your password. When you have confirmed your password, you will be able to log in through Facebook on both sites.

Forgot your password?

*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

It appears that you already have an account on this site associated with . To connect your existing account with your Facebook account, just click on the account activation button below. You will maintain your existing profile and VIP program points. After you do this, you will be able to always log in to http://literock969.com using your Facebook account.

*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

Please fill out the information below to help us provide you a better experience.

Register on Lite Rock 96.9 quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!

Not a Member? Sign Up Here.

Sign up for an account to comment, share your thoughts, and earn points to get great prizes.

Register on Lite Rock 96.9 quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!